Mojive

Been there,done that!!
Kirk Pinar ?????
Just wondering....if anyone(Saoirse).... maybe) can recommend me taking the hike to this eating house, as I will be in Calis soon(9th/23 Sept :biggrin:) been reading about it and looking at some stunning photos of the views around and about the area where it is, from what i can work out I will have to get bus from Calis to Uzumlu then a hike up the hill,I did read it would take a week to get there if a bus went up there, I assume because of the state of road?
Anyway can anyone help how far and how long (approx) would the walk take I am pretty fit so walking is not a problem,and will it be easy to find? And would it be worth it? Or maybe stay in Uzumlu and sample the delights of a eating house there?
Any help and suggestions on this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance:roundgrin:
Mo xx

Last edited:

Saoirse

Kirk Pinar ?????
Mo

I have never been to this restaurant. Going by the directions its in the Nif area which is quite a hike (car required) from us here in Uzumlu

Going from Calis to Uzumlu is easy-you can either go into Fethiye and come back out by Dolmus from the Dolmus station across from the Tuesday market or you can get a dolmus straight from Calis and get off at Gunlukbasi-the Dolmus to Uzumlu goes through there.

Imho you are better off just comming to Uzumlu as we have nice (few, but nice) eateries here and you are then not requiring a car

Need any more info just ask

KIRKPINAR RESTAURANT

Last edited:

Mojive

Been there,done that!!
Kirk Pinar ?????
Thankyou for your help saoirse....so a visit to Uzumlu sounds the much better bet.
Thanks again.
Mo x

Kirk Pinar ?????
It looks like the restaurant that Lynne (Bibby) took us to about 2 years ago up in the mountains.
Its absolutely beautiful but its quite a long drive up and up AND up!!
Sheer drops one side and gravelly road if you get my drift Lol!!

As Philip says, Uzumlu village is beautiful with several lovely restaurants.
Its pure escapism and well worth the visit.
The last dolmus back to Fethiye used to be 10pm but it gets packed out the door and goes like hell down the hill so perhaps the earlier one around 7 pm is better!!!
Ask Bibby too
Have a lovely break Mo

Last edited:

Saoirse

Kirk Pinar ?????
just been reminded by "the boss" that I have indeed been there

It used to get a good name for Turkish breakfasts and I went there a couple of winters ago-I found it ok, nothing special.

Mojive

Been there,done that!!
Kirk Pinar ?????
Thankyou Terry....what I shall more than likely do is get there mid morn and return early afternoon....and saorise thankyou for the update.And I just know I am going to have a good two weeks:biggrin:
Mo x

Kirk Pinar ?????
Uzumlu is about the nicest place we ever went to visit in the Fethiye area and the hospitality is wonderful with nice people.
I have very happy memories of times there and will always be grateful for that.
Have a great time Mo x

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Kirk Pinar ?????
Yes, Kirk Pinar is past Niff. Stay on the main road that goes from the Dalaman/Antalya road, then past Uzumlu and past Niff. The road comes to an abrupt halt and you are forced to turn right. The road heads downwards a bit, then begins to go up, there's a right hairpin (a 1st gear job) and the car park is on the right (this last bit is less than a quarter of a mile, I'd say.

Uzumlu is around 473 metres above sea level (our villa is, anyway), and the restaurant is at 1430 metres above sea level. The views on way there and back are stunning, road good.

Saoirse

Kirk Pinar ?????
Mo

You couldnt be comming at a better time this season

We always had a cafe/tea house right in the middle of the village. It was great just sitting there watching village life go by-including endless goats being brought down from the hills and of course donkeys too. It closed down and the heart of the village definetely lost something.
Well, the building has been totally refurbished in the old stone village style and is due to re open hopefully in the next few weeks-long evenings sat in the village square will be returning!!

giglets

Kirk Pinar ?????
Mojive,

We went to Kirk Pinar a few weeks ago and had a full Turkish Breakfast and a Fish dish.

We had heard a lot of good stories about both the views from the place and the good food, but were very disappointed with both.

The mountain views on the way there are absolutely stunning, but from the place itself, are nothing special at all.
The breakfast was one of the poorest we have had so far in Turkey, the fish was not very fresh, dry and pretty tasteless and the restaurant's outside seating area was overgrown and dirty.

Maybe we were just unlucky and called in at a bad time (it was almost empty), but it was a waste of good diesel, in my opinion!

Much better grub and surroundings in Uzumlu.

Enjoy your trip.

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Kirk Pinar ?????
We have been going there for 4 years. I have to say in the past year, the standards seem to have slipped a bit. I think the young staff that now serve aren't that friendly now, whereas the elder couple are lovely. Are the older couple not as hands on as they were?? Its a real shame if they are allowing the younger ones to take away the quality of food and service. Seems now, you need to be with a Turk to get decent service as the selection of dishes isnt as generous as it once was. I wouldn't say don't go though. And I hope they get wind of people's dissatisfaction (though I confess we haven't said anything to them).

Mojive

Been there,done that!!
Kirk Pinar ?????
Ohhh saorise I am sorry to hear the cafe/teahouse has closed down, as that was another place I was hoping to stop at and it sounds doubtful that it will have reopened by the time I get to visit, all be it the second week of my trip, when I plan on comming that way, but I am sure I shall find somewhere to sit a while and enjoy the surroundings....and thankyou Bibby and giglets for your input, I think i will be staying in the village as I said I will be on foot once getting to Uzumlu, I shall have a good wonder around and hopefully take a few pics.
Mo xx

Mojive

Been there,done that!!
Kirk Pinar ?????
Now that sounds like a nice idea..... maybe we could sort something out, I am always hoping to put faces to names on here.....so Bibby I am deffo up for meeting up , I best p.m you and see what we can sort out!!!
Mo xx

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Kirk Pinar ?????
Have a safe journey Mo and a great holiday.:36329ht5b

Take care,

Jeannie x :3:

Mojive

Been there,done that!!
Kirk Pinar ?????
Thankyou Jeannie :blowkiss: really gonna miss you!!!!!
And thankyou Bibby looking forward to meeting you:roundgrin:

Mo xx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom