kimlik card for new baby
our baby was born in the uk recently and his birth was registered in the uk. we now want to obtain a kimlik card for him here in turkey. his father is turkish and im english. when we tried to obtain the kimlik card the nufus office require proof that im single (as the babys father and i are unmarried). does anyone have any idea where i can get this from or if there is a way of obtaining the kimlik card without this paperwork.

Firebrand

kimlik card for new baby
I don't understand what your being single or not has to do with it if he is getting his limlik from his dad? My kids have got their kimlik through the consulate in London, and as their (British) mum, it all went on without me having to do anything.

I think you will probably have to go to a notary and swear an oath, as it is hard to prove legally that you are single I would have thought.

(And then marry the father . . . )

kimlik card for new baby
If you register your sons birth here in Turkey and obtain a kimlik, then please be aware that he will have to do his Turkish National Service (if still around in 18 years time)

Soo x

millilove76

millilove76
kimlik card for new baby
I have 2 boys born here in Turkey, they both have kimliks.The first was born 20 months ago and at that time i wasn't married.

My (now) husband and i went to the ID office and were told that we would have to both sign a declaration form ( similar to the parents declaration form required by the British consulate to add the fathers name to the UK birth certificate). We were told that the whole process could take weeks. We were married 2 months later and we just registered his birth then to obtain a kimlik in about 30 mins.
The ID office told us it was a time consuming process but i remember it wasn't a costly one.

We were also told that you dont have to obtain a kimlik or register a birth for up to 5 years. So if you plan on getting married you could wait. However if you travel back to the UK it means you wont pay the childs 10 pounds visa on entry to Turkey.
You should note though that if the baby leaves Turkey without a kimlik and has expired his visa he will be fined at the point of departure like any tourist.
Our second son was born in March this year and as we are married the whole process was simple.

On the subject of National service, both my boys will have to do it if its still around in 18 years. However there is a clause that if you are a dual national and living away from Turkey for 2 years prior to National service then you can pay a fee (currently about 7500 euros) and serve 1 month...apparently its known by the other soldiers as the VIP army. (we have started to save already!)
Hope that this helps, anything else i may be able to tell you just PM me,

bethx

kimlik card for new baby
We went to do the same thing yesterday and I just showed them my residency visa which says im single and they accepted that.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom