sapphire1

Keeping the thieves away
Hi everyone,

I've just heard there has been a daytime burglary at our complex in altinkum.

I'm due to go out with my young son on monday but will be alone until my husband arrives a few days later, and I'm now extremely nervous and urgently require information on the best security grids for our apartment, where to get them from, fitted and prices please.

Any other information to keep thieves away, what you do/use to keep thieves away please share.

Many thanks in advance, Linda

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Keeping the thieves away
do you mean robbery or burglary Linda

Martin

pldouglas

Keeping the thieves away
Try not to be too nervous, I'm sure if you read all the dozens of threads related to break-ins that the majority happen when the house is empty. I know that doesn't make the act any better but I can't remember any stories of any householder actually being hurt in a western 'raid' style robbery like you read in the papers in GB.
Obviously, in any country, you need to take precautions and not get complacient, but I am sure there is no need to panic.
We were burgled in our Yalikavak villa but, although I spent many days alone there, I never felt nervous.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Keeping the thieves away
It is always at the back of your mind as I feel this year there have been many more than usual, or are people just openly reporting more? Try not to let it spoil your few nights alone with your son, do you have security on your sitesi?

Keeping the thieves away
Have a good time Linda, and try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know) I'm not out until September.....not sure if I'm really feeling the love this time round though!
Take care xx

millsj28

Keeping the thieves away
I would definitely get an alarm instead of the grills as 3 days ago our neighbour was broken into between 9-11pm and they just cut the metal grills. This seems to be happening a lot. We don't have the grills but have an alarm and touch wood they have never been in. Also they usually fit these the same day but by the time you have the grills measured and fitted your husband would be out anyway.

There were 2-3 of them out again last night but there must have been 50+ neighbours looking for them (took the police 2 hours to bother turning up). Pity help them if they get hold of them! x

evo80

Keeping the thieves away
get your husband to go in B&Q and bring some of these window & door alarms out . They are cheap & effective plus any prospective burglar can see them stuck on the windows with the warning sticker from the outside .
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Door-Window-Shock-Vibration-Alarm/dp/B0048O35EC/ref=dp_cp_ob_diy_title_0"]Door and Window Shock - Vibration Alarm: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics[/ame]

Ian

Keeping the thieves away
I would definitely get an alarm instead of the grills as 3 days ago our neighbour was broken into between 9-11pm and they just cut the metal grills. This seems to be happening a lot. We don't have the grills but have an alarm and touch wood they have never been in. Also they usually fit these the same day but by the time you have the grills measured and fitted your husband would be out anyway.

There were 2-3 of them out again last night but there must have been 50+ neighbours looking for them (took the police 2 hours to bother turning up). Pity help them if they get hold of them! x
Police a waste of time in Didm, shocking,

Keeping the thieves away
hi Linda..i think, its really hard to stop a thief..my house was also robbed last year even the door is steel..they got into the house from front door and i had a small decoration hanger written '' WELCOME'' :)
they took whatever they found...
police do nothing in altinkum..
turning some lights on when sleeping..maybe..
but this one of the biggest problem of altinkum..there must be a thief academy who graduate many students each month :)

kibris

Keeping the thieves away
here ın kusadasi we had a bıt of drama several nıghts ago--a thıef snatched a bag on bar st and the polıs caught hım rıght outsıde my apartments--2 offıcers each on 4 bıkes and 2 vans--trhey soon had hım handcuffed and on the floor and because they were so hot after chasıng hım the neıghbours gave them water and the thıef got a few slaps and kıcks for makıng them run after hım--he was soon bundled ın the back of a van and carted off --all the neıghbours clapped from theır balconıes--well done kusadasi polıs!

millsj28

Keeping the thieves away
Police a waste of time in Didm, shocking,

They then had the cheek to say there were too many people around and left! The thieves were then chased off someones first floor terrace 10 minutes later not even 100 metres from where the police had been! Think the thieves know how useless they are and are hanging around under their noses! They are definitely out is force. We are near Belly Dancers, did you not seen everyone out? x

dawningram

dawn ingram
Keeping the thieves away
for all those thinking of increased security, can i suggest a monitored alarm system.
These are now common and coming down in price

the call goes directly to the nearest available police car!

regards

WHere can you purchase them???

sapphire1

Keeping the thieves away
Thankyou for all your replys, and support.

I definitly think I'll get the grills - anyone suggest any particular ones please? and would also like to get an alarm system. I'll look into one scots steve suggested and also the b& Q ones.

I've really being looking forward to my hols this year and wont let scum ruin it!

Linda

dawningram

dawn ingram
Keeping the thieves away
Hi Linda....we were broken into at Easter when we went out for a meal in the evening, and it WAS a nightmare. I have regularly stayed in our apartment on my own and I felt I would never be able to do that again. But I will because we can't let them ruin our lives.... we work hard to have our holiday homes over there and we deserve to use them and enjoy them, all I can say is take every precaution possible. At the end of the day if they want to get in they will, but they only took from us small stuff they could carry....jewelry, laptop, phones, cash etc. So now we hide all that....look for sneaky places under cupboards etc. they took all our drawers out but they didn't actually move the furniture...so underneath is another place? we have turned the place into fort knox with grills and door cages and we are going back tomorrow armed up with even more locks and alarms....but its just to put my mind at rest we have done all we can. As someone has said they won't even try if you are in....they want quick in and out no hassle and not to get caught. lights left on don't seem to work anyway....we think they turned our neighbours electricity off at the main box in the hallway last week to see if they were in, on the assumption they would respond by going out to see what had happened.... they were in so nothing happened. just make sure you don't leave anything out they can take...hide everything but hide it well, or take it with you. They climbed to the 2nd floor to get into our kitchen - if they'd fallen they would been killed....if they come back and I am in i will make sure the bar stewards fall. It's a pain having to be so vigilant and so methodical on going out but if you are and you leave nothing then if they get in they will leave without your stuff. We are by the Bim...if you need moral support pm me and i will give you my mobile no - take care and don't let the b*stards grind you down

dawningram

dawn ingram
Keeping the thieves away
Dekka metal did ours - very reasonable and he speaks perfect English. people say they will just cut them/pull them off...I don't care ...they make me feel safe!! I can't find his card right now but I have one in the apartment - i will pm you his no when i get out there - Dawn

sapphire1

Keeping the thieves away
Dekka metal did ours - very reasonable and he speaks perfect English. people say they will just cut them/pull them off...I don't care ...they make me feel safe!! I can't find his card right now but I have one in the apartment - i will pm you his no when i get out there - Dawn

Thanks Dawn for your words and support and also your very kind offer.

I know people say they can pull the grills off off, but I'm with you - the more security the better deter. I'll have our place done up like fort knox too!!

Thanks, be great if you can let me know that guys number who did your grills.

Linda

oldfogy

Just passing through
Keeping the thieves away
for all those thinking of increased security, can i suggest a monitored alarm system.
These are now common and coming down in price

the call goes directly to the nearest available police car!

regards
I know there has been other comments with regards to these monitored systems, but do they quote any expected turn out times?

Even 10% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom