Keen gardeners on Bodrum peninsular
Has anyone come across any of the following "ground cover" plants.
GAZANIA(silver/grey leaves yellow flowers).... STACHYS BYZANTINE "Silver Carpet"(lambs ears) the non-flowering type.....also....FELICIA AMELLOIDES(Blue Marguerite) to drop over a BODRUM STONE retaining wall,it would look great against the "pink" of the stone....... Any other suggestions for ground cover?
Anyone seen AGAPANTHUS AFRICANUS the beautiful tall BLUE one?
Anyone point me in the direction of a good "garden centre" on the peninsular.
Tesekkur ederim

teresa

Free Thinker
GAZANIA grow by the thousands where we are and in loads of colours. They are so easy to propogate that we just wander around pinching the offshoots of any that take our fancy. By we I mean locals in our area as it is one of the quickest ways of setting a garden off with some lovely colour.

We looked at a nice silver leaf plant in the nursery, it did not have flowers but we didn't know what it was. Soft leaf.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Most of the nurseries are fine, there is one just before Oasis centre on the right, he has a small section just after Carrefor and then if you go down the road to the right at the traffic lights he has his big centre there. I find he has more idea of what a european garden centre is. I have had some very nice plants from him.

:438qr:

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Sweetnighter said:
Has anyone come across any of the following "ground cover" plants.
GAZANIA(silver/grey leaves yellow flowers).... STACHYS BYZANTINE "Silver Carpet"(lambs ears) the non-flowering type.....also....FELICIA AMELLOIDES(Blue Marguerite) to drop over a BODRUM STONE retaining wall,it would look great against the "pink" of the stone....... Any other suggestions for ground cover?
Anyone seen AGAPANTHUS AFRICANUS the beautiful tall BLUE one?
Anyone point me in the direction of a good "garden centre" on the peninsular.
Tesekkur ederim
Osteospurnum, comes in a variety of colours and "creeps" making large clumps with lots of flower. That’s if this is a different plant to the Gazania

bobthenob

Non Active Member
the ones that you have suggested are fine,but lambs ears are quite a delicate variety of plant in the hot dry regions of summer.But their are ways around,for the plant to thrive,shaded,or semi-shade,and keep the plant moist,will benefit the plant.
Other ground cover plants that are suittable for southern Turkey are:ivy geraniums,:creeping phlox,:moss phlox;: astilbi,and many more.
lf its for a rockery,why not plant dwarf spring bulbs ready for next year,
This is a photo of the creeping phlox
phloxny3.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom