Abo

Abo
kayakoyu abandoned village
Hi
I want to have a look around the village when I am in olu deniz in August,My wife reckons it will be to hot. So can I get a bus about 8am have a walk round and get back before it gets to hot, or possibly walk back down to Olu deniz.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
You'll have to get a dolmus from Oludeniz up to Hisaronu and then change onto a dolmus from Hisaronu going to Kaya Village. The Kaya dolmuses go through Hisaronu at about 40 minutes past each hour.

I certainly wouldn't recommend trying to walk back to Oludeniz from Kaya either by the road route or the more direct route over the hills. It'll be far too hot for you.

The alternative, obviously, is to set of early from Oludeniz on foot and walk over the hills to Kaya. Then you can get a dolmus out of the village to Hisaronu and change there for Oludeniz.

I think there is a free pick up and drop off service offered from the pancake bar in Kaya near the gift stalls and camels.
When we were there (Kaya) last year the owners told us this and there is a notice on the front drive way.

But KKOB maybe able to help more with there number.

Reactions: Abo

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I think there is a free pick up and drop off service offered from the pancake bar in Kaya near the gift stalls and camels.
When we were there (Kaya) last year the owners told us this and there is a notice on the front drive way.

Like most of the restaurants in the village, The Antik Restaurant offers a pick-up service for customers. But, they're not going to be too happy about picking-up people who may not even spend enough in their restaurant to cover the fuel bill.

Sorry, I don't know their phone number.

Last edited:

Abo

Abo
Thanks everyone
Looks like a dolmus both ways then, I do like a walkabout on holiday (hence my nickname) but the fethiye times reckons 2.5 hrs to walk back to Olu deniz and it will be too hot for that.
Anyone know what a cab would cost.

Rainey

we took a cab there and a dolmus back..... it is very steep and the stones can be quite shiny and slippery so were trainers. From my experience flippy floppies were no good the bar on the road opporsite the village was a nice place to have a drink. we went in May and it was hot then.

Abo I noticed you were talking about fishing in Koycegiz, we stayed there and took the bus to fethiye, really nice ride and easy. takes about 1.30hrs. lovely ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like most of the restaurants in the village, The Antik Restaurant offers a pick-up service for customers. But, they're not going to be too happy about picking-up people who may not even spend enough in their restaurant to cover the fuel bill.

Sorry, I don't know their phone number.

Sorry KKOB I wasn't trying to imply they should use this as free method of transport. Its understandable that Antik and others have overheads to meet. But thats never a problem when we go as theres always a minimum of 6 if not more hungry and very thirsty mouths to sort.

Crystalclear

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Don't worry I wasn't implying anything like that in the reply to your post.

But, I've met several tourists in the village who think it's very clever to get a lift from a restaurant, tour the village and then not use the restaurant.

They'll only end-up spoiling the service for others.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom