just some advise if poss please
hi
I plan on getting married in Bitez (Bodrum) in June this year. I am going to turkey in April with my papers to get eveything translated, I was just wondering if anyone could advise me is this ok to do. I have read somewhere that as long as i am married within 3 months of doing this then that is fine. I did visit the British con in Dec when i was there just for some info as i dont want to leave anything to chance. My plan is to go in April and get my papers translated at the British con in Antalya and then i will be going back to Bodrum with my wedding guests on 4th June, I plan on getting married on the 14th June so i was just wondering if that is enough time to sort out everything else, Plus if anyone have got married in Turkey would they know how much each stage of this costs. I have just today confirmed the party and wedding whooppppp whooppp lol, I really cant wait to be Mrs Avan

Many thanks for your help

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
We didn't get our papers translated at the consulate , we had this done by a notary , had the blood tests , not at the hospital but at a labratory it was much cheaper 90tl for both, and also we bought the registrar a massive big chocky cake ....he had several under his desk !!! it seems its the thing to do , what i can tell you is be in Antalya early . as all this takes ages nearly the whole day , the notary cost £60 ...someone will be along to tell you the more conventional way soon , but its all on here , Hope you have a lovely day and congratulations .........Diane

alison09400

The Notary cannot process your Certificate of Non-impediment....so you must go to the Consulate. However you'll might need to go to the one in Izmir as it is nearer to Bitez. The Registrar in Kusadasi told me that they work alongside the Izmir one. You should maybe email both Consulates and check.

You actually don't need to come over in April to do your paperwork. and sort out your wedding...it can be done in 2 days when you're here in June.

Hi thanks very much for the advice, I am travelling over to Adana in April anyway so we are going to stop of in Antalya on the way anyway, I think i would rather get everything sored out before i went in june just so i can relax on the run up to the big day.
Alison just wondering where you got your blood tests done was it just in a public hospital or a private on, I have been told that the public hospitals take one week for the bloody tests to come back but i am not too sure. I asked the Antalya con if it was ok to do there and they said that it would be fine because they work with Bodrum aswell as the Izmir one. Thanks again for your both help in this matter

bmic

Hi Alison,

my fiancee and i are both irish so we must travel to the irish consulate in ankarra with our paper work, however we were informed we must then go with the docs to the turkish department of foreign affairs also in ankara.

do you know why we also have to go to the turkish dept of foreign affairs.

thanks,
brian

Our son and his wife who are both English did not have blood tests, I believe you only need them if you and/or the other party are Turkish. They did all paperwork in one day in Izmir (the wedding was in Bodrum). One piece of advice I would give is to get married late in the day, ours got married at 5pm on th.e 10th October and we were still hot and sticky. Hope all goes well and you have a great day.

alison09400

Here in Kusadasi, we have married couples who were both either british or irish and they've had to have to the blood tests....it depends on the Belediye; each one has different regulations.

Belfastlady, a Saglik Ocagi (Health Centre) will give you back the blood tests on the same day. I'm sure there will be a few of these in Bodrum.

Bmic, your paperwork will be sent to Ankara by the DFA in Dublin (you dont take it yourself). You yourself don't need to travel to Ankara, it can be collected by anyone of your choice (whether it's a wedding planner or friend). You just have to email the Embassy and let them know how is collecting it. Once collected from the Embassy it is taken to the Dept of Foreign Affairs to be stamped (the cost in 2009 was 20tl for each person). This is a taxi ride away from the Embassy.

We got married in Bodrum and I got all my paperwork done in Izmir in one day. We got our blood tests done at the public hospital in Bodrum and got the results back the next day.

hi everyone
ust to let you know what i have all my paperwork now
well i think, just to make sure that i have the write one does to cer of non inped say that on it as mine just says cer for marrige, i really dont want to be going over here and finding out that i have the wrong thing (bit of a mess from the iom register as he never even put on it my husband to be surname just his first 2 names so hopefully when i call them tomorrow i will just have to run back up and they can add it there and then) how could they get it so wrong ohhhh i dont know

booo

When I married my husband we were given a form to get signed by the health centre following the blood tests. They didnt give us blood tests, just signed and stamped the forms :) this was also the case for a friend of mine
Good luck with your wedding

Hey everyone
Just a quick update
All paper work done and is was so easy dont even know what i was worrying about, I did it all in 1 day

Hi
Just to let everyone know that we got married on June 2010 and what a wonderful day it was i loved every min off it, anyone need any advise please do not hesitate to contact me.

Modgirl

Hi and many congratulations may you and your hubby have a long and very happy life to-gether.
Linda

Latest Posts

Top Bottom