martin m

just like xmas eve
Hi all
Being 50 yrs old its getting harder to remember things, some days i cant even remember what i went into a particular room for. But one thing i will never forget is the feeling of xmas eve as a young un, didnt it just make you feel good.
well thats just how i feel now as im flying to Bodrum in the morning after meeting our freinds at manchester,and as long as going to Turkey makes me feel this excited then it means it was all worth it.
dont miss me too much(hic), time for bed.
martin:blowkiss:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
just like xmas eve
Have a great time, yes I know exactly what you mean, it's a fantastic feeling, and the feeling I get when time to come home is bad like those Sunday night feelings before it was time to go to school or another stress day at work on the horizon. Yes it is well worth it until the next time, enjoy, lol.

Lesley

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
just like xmas eve
Hi Martin

I know exactly what you mean, I am also 50 with butterflies in my stomach, we are flying out on Saturday. Have a great holiday.

Maura

dalyansteve

just like xmas eve
Even though I have lived here for 11 years I still get that feeling when coming back. The strange thing is that I never got that feeling when going to any other country, why is that?
I mean't coming back to Turkey on the rare occasions that I go anywhere else.

Last edited:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
just like xmas eve
Yes I know that feeling well - I get it when flying BACK to UK after a long season here ! Have a great time Martyn

GnD

just like xmas eve
Beautifully put Martin! Sums me and mine up totally. Have a great time.

Debbie

Guz1

just like xmas eve
Have fun Martyn and Maura. Just a few more weeks of rain before it's our turn to soak up the rays.

martin m

just like xmas eve
Hi all
Thanks for all the good wishes, had a great time and barely saw a cloud.
The mood last night was a total reverse to the eve of going, and the last supper is unbearable.
I do have some cracking pictures of the marina, so if some one wants to pm for how to upload them as they are apparently in the "wrong format" then i will give it a go.
martin

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
just like xmas eve
Gawd!!!
there are too many old people going to Tinky!!!
im 50 in 6 months, still feel like 25 but I guess i am a similar age to all the other 25 year olds in boras (sandima) bar. luv it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
martin

martin m

just like xmas eve
Enjoy, we're off to Altinkum 21st June. :smile:

Hi Martyn
Bet your minds somewhere else at the mo tho,
I went round Altinkum in a Barcelona shirt for the crack last wednesday night with 2 Man utd season ticket holders in their shirts, but they took it like men.
martin

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
just like xmas eve
im 50 in 6 months, still feel like 25 but I guess i am a similar age to all the other 25 year olds in boras (sandima) bar. luv it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
martin

That is one of our local bars when we're out in Yalikavak, Borak is a truly genuine guy, his baby daughter was due last Fri so hope all went well for them. He loves Magners Cider, and cannot get it there, so we take him some, his face says it all, very much appreciated lol. Always go for my pre dinner Gin and Tonic, he makes the best ones in Yalikavak.

:w00t:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
just like xmas eve
Hi all
Thanks for all the good wishes, had a great time and barely saw a cloud.
The mood last night was a total reverse to the eve of going, and the last supper is unbearable.
I do have some cracking pictures of the marina, so if some one wants to pm for how to upload them as they are apparently in the "wrong format" then i will give it a go.
martin

Hi Martin, glad you had a great time, we were there early May and it just got hotter every day, wonderful. I know what you mean about the last night, I am sooooooo miserable, and hate saying our Goodbyes, it's like the Sunday night before going to work (Iremember those too well, but not any more now semi retired and loving it). Ah well, you can look forward to the next time, we go 6 weeks today and counting, lol

Latest Posts

Top Bottom