Just had to post this about Fixed Penalty Notices
Normally I can't be bothered pointing out the annoying ways the police act as rent collectors for UK Plc. by fining left, right and centre, but ...

Fining someone 700 quid for putting out their rubbish on the wrong day ...

Mother fined £700 for putting rubbish out on wrong day - Telegraph

... was definitely topped by a man fined for blowing his nose ...

Motorist Michael Mancini Fined And Given Penalty Notice For Blowing His Nose At Wheel | UK News | Sky News

However, the same police officer (not 'policeman', their job is protect, an officer's is to enforce and collect) spots a guy dropping a tenner and fines him 50 quid for littering:

Man is fined £50 by police in Ayr for dropping a £10 note | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

I challenge one person to come out in support of the police's actions ... come on ... surely just one of you wants to take an unpopular position ...?

Martyn

Ridiculous. I saw the fellow on the tv this morning regarding blowing his nose. I have a friend who is a police officer and he says everything(as in anyones work) is figure driven and a tick in a box is a tick in the box no matter what it is for.

arrian

R.I.P
don't think you're going to get any takers on this one!!!

Saoirse

Neill

You underestimate the subserviant attiude to all things authoritarian that some on here have!

If it wasnt for the embarrassment factor I have no doubt there are some who would take the police side in this

juco

Well I can only agree with Neils statements that they are cash collectors however when cicumstances dictate they do have differing attitudes towards similar circumstances. See if you can spot the difference.

These 2 incidents happened about 2 months apart.

I have a house I rent (uk) it was vacant and my wife caught some hoodies who had broken in to the garage, after telling them to F... O... they then burnt the garage to the ground. On reporting this to the police my wife was questioned to great length about any charges of assualt they (police) might bring against my wife. 2 weeks later they broke into the house and trashed it, all the evidence was untouched and the police refused to get forensic in or do anythng about it.

The other day Susan Boyle had someone break into her house and there were 3 police cars and forensic in the house within minutes plus ongoing investigations.

Oh and same constabulary.

ukizook

Neill

You underestimate the subserviant attiude to all things authoritarian that some on here have!

If it wasnt for the embarrassment factor I have no doubt there are some who would take the police side in this

Go on the Phil, I'll bite.

In the first 2 cases I'll agree that the police were wrong. The one about the litter though ? ............... He may have accidently dropped it the first time, but how I read it, he deliberatly dropped the litter the second time in front of the police. ;)

juco

Why should we be fined at all for dropping litter?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom