sparrow

Nadine in disguise
July now : is it still quiete in Turkey ?
Well, I realize someone already started a thread about this, but I just wondered, is it still quiete in Turkey ?
I had some contacts with people working in Kusadasi and they say that this season cannot be compared with other seasons and it is definately much quieter then other years, one of them even said the season was "bozuk" (broken).... cannot blame this on the world cup anymore I suppose ?
:36:

bexxy

Mooning
I was wondering this myself.

A friend in Altinkum said it was fairly quiet still there at the mo compared to previous years.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
My friend who owns a hotel told me she has now started getting bookings for august so it might be picking up post world cup.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
sparrow said:
Well, I realize someone already started a thread about this, but I just wondered, is it still quiete in Turkey ?
I had some contacts with people working in Kusadasi and they say that this season cannot be compared with other seasons and it is definately much quieter then other years, one of them even said the season was "bozuk" (broken).... cannot blame this on the world cup anymore I suppose ?
:36:
Yes it is a much quiter season this year-- even not so many Turkish Tourists around here in Yalikavak
Hopefully when the schools close in UK will pick up -- INSHALLAH !!

chesney

yes I am a girl lol
Yes I worked as a rep for a short stint lol and the predicted numbers for this year are down dramatically maybe last minute bookings will boost the trade!

Does anyone think that in the absence of a bird flu scare next year, bookings in the Dalaman area may be helped by the new International air terminal and the Gocek Tunnel which may improve the airport's reputation and ease the nerves of mountain road travellers.
Perhaps when they book people arent bothered about bad airports or difficult transfers but merely the area and accommodation.

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
I don't think this has anything to with bird flu , I think it might be that some people grew a little bit tired of Turkey, I hear collegeau's of mine telling that they hate the hassle and don't like the fact that tourists have to pay more then Turks for the same things...
But I think this is a temporary thing, after having been to Spain twice they will for sure come back to Turkey
well some tried Turkey and they "have had" it, others get addicted to it !

Mushtaq

Founding Member
I think the market is maturing and the business people in the resorts are finding out that tourists do not like being ripped off and will go to other places.

Prices will go down, business will close and tourists will return again.

sparrow said:
I don't think this has anything to with bird flu , I think it might be that some people grew a little bit tired of Turkey, I hear collegeau's of mine telling that they hate the hassle and don't like the fact that tourists have to pay more then Turks for the same things...
But I think this is a temporary thing, after having been to Spain twice they will for sure come back to Turkey
Also get addicted to Turkish forums!
LOVE that Avatar by the way

Andywebb

Well if their was ever an optimist I think you are it Mushtaq, I'm not disagreeing with you just wondering when you were going to wake up from your nice dream. LOL

mushtaq said:
I think the market is maturing and the business people in the resorts are finding out that tourists do not like being ripped off and will go to other places.

So many things run in cycles , dont they? , like Fashion!
First its in ,then its not, then its back again!!
Someone said on here that tourists search for "bargain basement" and now Turkey is more expensive they try elsewhere!

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Andywebb said:
Well if their was ever an optimist I think you are it Mushtaq, I'm not disagreeing with you just wondering when you were going to wake up from your nice dream. LOL

Well Andy, I do see that you are located both in Spain and in Turkey... do you have the feeling that in Spain prices are the same for tourist as for locals ? :)

Andywebb said:

Not quite sure what you meant Andy but ,lets face it , if the owner of this site isnt an optimist about Turkey what chance have the rest of us got!! LOL

tjd

Agree with you totally Mushtaq.

Prices went sky high last year in the tourist areas, this year there's few tourists - mmmmmm

How long will it take for tourists to return?

Andywebb

mushtaq said:

Sorry Mushtaq maybe read it wrong having looked at it again, I assumed you were talking property prices may go down. Are you talking shop prices? Here in Spain prices slowed down for a while but now again they are off up and building everywhere around my area, nothing much left out of 200,000 euros here and can hit average 400,000 + for penthouse and golf resorts.

Me I paid 45,000 euros 2 bed new build 6 years ago. Today my neighbour is selling his for 250,000 + euros. If I sell I would not be able to buy in the area would need a mortgage(not for me anymore). This why I bought in Turkey I can afford it and hopefully prices will increase but not to fast.

So I hope you are talking shop prices going down.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Yes I was talking about the tourists prices (shops, restaurants etc) rather then the property buyers, property prices from what little I know and have experienced tend to just follow a zig zag upwards trend, so will be going up in the long run.

tonytg

Wishing on a star
sparrow said:

I think you have summed it up quite neatly why some will not come back !

Latest Posts

Top Bottom