Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
Heard off another forum that the new Jokers bar in Akbuk has closed permanently.
If that is indeed true, then I'll miss it.
We really liked the place.
Mel (and Anne)

Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
Pennie worked in the kitchen.
By the way, talking of Pennie, she hasn't been on the forum for a while, I hope she is ok.

maggie

Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
Yes Jokers has closed.

I liked the food but not the music not my cup of tea at all.!!!!!

I believe Smurf Dave is helping to run the bar in a wine bar in Altinkum called Grapes.!!!!!!

As for Pennie since she became a Gran I havennt heard from her either.

Maybe the old Jokers could be the place for my lap dancing club in Akbuk (joking!)

Hugs Maggie xxxxx

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
Well,l am not surprized it closed down,by what was going on behind the customers back,was appalling.Good riddance

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
bobthenob said:
Well,l am not surprized it closed down,by what was going on behind the customers back,was appalling.Good riddance
????????

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
Does this mean Ms Who,you want me to explain myself,as to the reasons why.l'm quite happy to let rip.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
Up to you what you do Bob but it would be nice to know the reasons behind your comments, after all this is someones reputation you are tampering with.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
Ms Who said:
Up to you what you do Bob but it would be nice to know the reasons behind your comments, after all this is someones reputation you are tampering with.

To have a good reputation,comes from the customers themselves,to give that mark of approval[which gives all customers the right to criticize their service],whether its bad or good,in this case,it doesn't warrant a good score mark from me.
l have been going there a few times and always found the service wasn't adaquet enough,for what they were charging,where other places in the near vicinity,provided a far better quality of service and it was a lot less pricey.
Their were times,when l had to wait 2 hours for the food to arrive,and when it did,the food wasn't cooked to the standard that one exspects,and also when it does eventually arrives,its not what l asked for,but it will do,just to keep the peace.The menu looked great until l read what down the list,where he said that's available.So the food was extremely limited,l also had watered down drinks,and when the bill arrived l noticed the price had grown to what was stated,and added extras,l didn't order.
Their were some rumours going on,where their was some one else cooking for jokers,just around the back some where,the customer places their order and he would disappear around the back[not in the kitchen]and appear again in a few minutes,and then later disappear again around the back and reappear with the cooked dishes,but this time,costing a lot more.l also heard,some one was putting their hands in the profits,but kept it quiet,that person has now disappeared,l heard its either Cypress or England.This is all hearsay,but what l experienced,and saw for myself,l do think their is some truth in this.There has been loads of complaints on the service they provided.And it was no different at the old Jokers.
The Jokers l heard will be taken over by another buyer,and l will not pass a negative judgement onto the new buyer,because he could be the genuine article where he thinks the customer is important,and not an object to abuse.When the new owner does open up,l do hope he will provide a good quality service towards the customers.
THE WAGGING TONGUE IS THE BEST ADVERTISEMENT THAT ANY BUSSINESS CAN GAIN.But it seems,that sum haven't even figured that one out yet.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
Bob, I think you need to be careful about what you write here, interesting though it may be - not trying to be a smartarse but some things could be construed as libellous..

C

parrot

Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
We've been there a few times,the food wasn't michelin standard,but I don't think Pennie claimed any stars and we had no complaints.We never thought the prices were o.t.t.in fact found them very reasonable.The couple of nights we were there we found the staff and Dave and Ron very friendly.There was live music on one of the nights and a quiz,which were good.

chris

Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
Well I will miss it, anyone wanna go into partnership and buy it with me.

Chris

3m's

Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
was told in dec/jan that one of the men ran back to england with the money

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Jokers Bar Akbuk Closed.
lt certainly will be nice if some one with a positive outlook towards the customers,can take it over,since this building is in an ideal position for relaxation.
A person with the personality to provide what the customer wants and to make you feel at ease,without having the worry of being insulted by the behaviour of finding a way of departing you, of more of your money from you.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom