hammers

joining the euro
I am wondering if the turkish population in general realise just how much of a difference joining the eu will change their way of life in particular how the cost of living will rocket as has been the case in most europian countries,I lived in spain for a number of years and the average persons living standards decreased by 20% on average,so to conclude would this be put to a national vote?and would the turkish people agree to joining?

Geri

joining the euro
Coming from a country that joined the Euro, I can only say that if the government controls the transfer over there should be no increase in cost of living. Our government in fairness to them did this, both EUR and Pound prices had to be shown for six months prior and one year after the event. They also froze price increases for a period of time. The result was a fair transfer over to a new currency.

The opposite to this was Italy, I travelled there a month after Euro came in and it was a total mess and boy were they ripping people off. Giving that Turks love a good rip off it would be most important that proper controls are put in place.

After many years now of Euro all I have to say it is worth the change, it makes travelling so much easier. LONG LIVE THE EURO!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom