gloria

Joe's bar
Hi

Just read that poor Kurt & Celine have been fined for having tables and chairs on the pavement outside their bar and they are not allowed to have them there anymore.

When we visited Gulluck in September we had some really god times there such a nice couple and we used it as a meeting point before and after dinner and enjoyed sitting outside watching the world go by lets hope they can get this resolved a.s.a.p

:

Last edited by a moderator:

tjd

Joe's bar
That's such a shame, I hope it's only a short time before they get the outdoor tables back again.

Talkinman

Joe's bar
It comes as a shock when for the past 4 years that I know of the tables have been outside and suddenly Kurt (joes) is told to remove them.

I would ask all ppl from the Gulluck area to Email the mayor in support of Kurt and lets hope we can have some positive effect.

All along that road the restaurants and shops spill out onto the road so this looks a little fishy!!!

Use this link to contact the powers that be, If I am allowed to put this on here.

iletisim Formu

Last edited:

julie-calder

Joe's bar
Hi All,
we are new to joes bar, we had a great time in there this week & met some really nice couples there, can't remember seeing any chairs & tables out side so guess it's not resolved, It's really hot & busy so the tables out side are really needed.

Mushroom

Joe's bar
As Talkinman says, the tables and chairs outside have been long established but suddenly 'illegal'
We are currently offering our support on two fronts - the first is to obviously let Kurt and Cellina know that we are aware of their predicament and are trying to give support. The second is to contact the mayor to ask that this matter could be resolved sensibly.
There are times when it is preferred to sit outside rather than inside and for those of us who like to watch the world go by it is a bonus.
I wouldn't like to speculate how this sudden enforcement after years has suddenly come about and it is for others to make their own conclusions, but as I have stated on the Gulluk owners forum, by letting the mayor know that we don't just frequent 'Joes' bar but in the process spend money in nearby shops and restaurants, in the event that Kurt and Cellina were to shut up shop as a result of this ruling, it could just have a knock-on effect to other Turkish businesses if we did not visit the town as often.
It would also be asked who else has no permission to encroach their building line as I am sure that Joes, if actually illegal, is not alone. A fair playing field is to be requested, but that unfortunately guarantees nothing in an an establishment enjoyed by a majority of Brits(but not exclusively) and owned by Danes
When it comes to a short sighted attitude, I must admit Turkey is positively myopic at times.

tjd

Joe's bar
Let me add something to this.
I was in Gulluk on Monday 2nd November. The table and chairs are still on the pavement, but...... Joe's was closed.

No indication as to why, menu was still posted but door firmly closed. This was at 5.30pm.

I wouldn't go overboard on the letters to the mayor just yet until the complete story is known.

Mushroom

Joe's bar
Don't quote me on this one but even in summer there are two days in the week when it does not open until 6.30pm I believe and I think one was a Monday. I know the other was market day on a Thursday, which I could never quite fathom out !

Latest Posts

Top Bottom