Joe Biden, good or bad.?
Lots of rhetoric flying about since his U.S. Presidential victory. So is he good or bad for the U.S. people and the World in general, or should they've stuck with Trump..??

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Joe Biden, good or bad.?
Lots of rhetoric flying about since his U.S. Presidential victory. So is he good or bad for the U.S. people and the World in general, or should they've stuck with Trump..??

His priority has got to be the US itself first & foremost. No idea what his policy's are myself but one things for sure, he wont be pleasing everyone.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Joe Biden, good or bad.?
He is saying all the right things at the moment, unite, President for all Americans etc. Time will tell. I'll bet that he knows that Africa is not a country at least. He can't possibly spend as much time on the golf course as trumpy did.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Joe Biden, good or bad.?
Wow! So many questions, so many answers and a great invitation for our resident trolls!

I believe JB to be an honorable man of integrity unlike DT whose only actions were for Trump & Co. Looks like JB will be reversing many of the actions taken by DT, reinstating health care for all, retaining membership of the Paris Climate Control Agreement, starting a serious CV19 program, promoting clean energy alternatives to fossil fuel etc. So yes, IMO things in the US will improve for the man in the street under his leadership.

And unlike Trump he will take counsel from his V/P and other advisors.

It has been mooted that no drastic changes will be made & again IMO that isn’t altogether a bad thing. Brings to mind our Mandela who did nothing except to pour oil on troubled waters & that would be a good example for him to follow.

World wide doubtless some of the tarnish will be removed once the US has a presidential POTUS. As to the UK I doubt any major trade deals will be struck if Brexit agreements are breached but for us in Ukraine having a non-Russian sympathiser in the White House can only be a good thing.

Trump has avoided wars by sucking up to Putin and Kim which could well have encouraged their further aggression. Biden will take a firmer stand against the enemy – in these troubled times some defensive wars have to be fought ☹

McB: Before you ask, no I have not met this gentleman! :roundgrin

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Joe Biden, good or bad.?
Wow! So many questions, so many answers and a great invitation for our resident trolls!

I believe JB to be an honorable man of integrity unlike DT whose only actions were for Trump & Co. Looks like JB will be reversing many of the actions taken by DT, reinstating health care for all, retaining membership of the Paris Climate Control Agreement, starting a serious CV19 program, promoting clean energy alternatives to fossil fuel etc. So yes, IMO things in the US will improve for the man in the street under his leadership.

And unlike Trump he will take counsel from his V/P and other advisors.

It has been mooted that no drastic changes will be made & again IMO that isn’t altogether a bad thing. Brings to mind our Mandela who did nothing except to pour oil on troubled waters & that would be a good example for him to follow.

World wide doubtless some of the tarnish will be removed once the US has a presidential POTUS. As to the UK I doubt any major trade deals will be struck if Brexit agreements are breached but for us in Ukraine having a non-Russian sympathiser in the White House can only be a good thing.

Trump has avoided wars by sucking up to Putin and Kim which could well have encouraged their further aggression. Biden will take a firmer stand against the enemy – in these troubled times some defensive wars have to be fought ☹

McB: Before you ask, no I have not met this gentleman! :roundgrin

Invade Russia and North Korea maybe.....

Jaycey

African Refugee
Joe Biden, good or bad.?
Invade Russia and North Korea maybe.....

Some find the prospect of war amusing, others don't.

Atlantic Council.jpg
Why a Biden presidency is very good news for Ukraine

Few countries are likely to benefit more from a Joe Biden presidency than Ukraine. Biden knows Ukraine very well, having been responsible for US policy on Ukraine as vice president. He is committed both to its defense against Russia and to the country’s domestic reforms.

As vice president, Biden visited Ukraine no less than five times. As a result of this intensive engagement, he also has an excellent staff that know Ukraine very well, notably Dr. Michael Carpenter, who is likely to become his key staffer for Ukraine.

Ukraine played a major, though unintended, role in Biden’s defeat of Donald Trump. The impeachment of Trump was based on his “perfect” phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in summer 2019. Outrageously, Trump and his private lawyer Rudolph Giuliani also tried to use Russian disinformation extracted in Ukraine from suspected Russian intelligence agents such as Andriy Derkach in order to slander Biden.

Trump sacked honest US officials who supported Ukraine, notably Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch and Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman. Other US officials had little choice but to keep quiet. Trump’s preference for prioritizing ties with Putin over Ukraine left US policy on Ukraine in tatters...

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blo...den-presidency-is-very-good-news-for-ukraine/

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Joe Biden, good or bad.?
Kamala Harris is the one we should be watching, I honestly don't think Biden will be around for very long.
Kamala Harris is being portrayed as "Black", "Of Colour" by Democrats, but she has never defined herself as such. In fact, the one thing they are having difficulty with is her record as Attorney General of California where her attitude towards blacks was anything but Sisterly.
Biden has been described as someone that if he was in UK politics he would be a Conservative; Kamala Harris is to the Right of Biden.

Ian

Kanga

Joe Biden, good or bad.?
Kamala Harris is the one we should be watching, I honestly don't think Biden will be around for very long.
Kamala Harris is being portrayed as "Black", "Of Colour" by Democrats, but she has never defined herself as such. In fact, the one thing they are having difficulty with is her record as Attorney General of California where her attitude towards blacks was anything but Sisterly.
Biden has been described as someone that if he was in UK politics he would be a Conservative; Kamala Harris is to the Right of Biden.

Ian

' anything but Sisterly. .'
and so she should be, she's there to uphold the law not to show favours to ethnic groups.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Joe Biden, good or bad.?
' anything but Sisterly. .'
and so she should be, she's there to uphold the law not to show favours to ethnic groups.
Agree, but that is not the way it is being spun. In the same way Obama was put on a pedestal on the assumption that he would do lots of good for Blacks (and didn't), so the new Vice Pres is being held up as a promoter of Black Rights - she has no history of doing that.

Ian

Kanga

Joe Biden, good or bad.?
She's an example of how ambition and drive can succeed, not seeking favours or special treatment because of skin colour. If she is 'colour-blind' herself that's a good thing in my opinion, others may think differently.
I want the best qualified and experienced person to be appointed to any position, not a person filling a quota, which is why all-female selection lists are wrong.

juco

Joe Biden, good or bad.?
I want the best qualified and experienced person to be appointed to any position, not a person filling a quota, which is why all-female selection lists are wrong.
It would be interesting if they applied this to football (filling quotas)

Chasey

Joe Biden, good or bad.?
Personally, id vote for just about anyone except Trump. Not because of his policies but because of the god awful character of the man. Hes is an affront to decent civilised people and its was hard to chose between his ego, is lies his racism, his mysogany, his financial misdeeds, his ignorance or his total contempt for any one or anything that's not himself.

He just simply disgusted me on so many levels

Biden is no angle I am sure but how he conducts himself remains to be seen. I just cant contemplate a human being worse than Trump to be the leader of the free world

Latest Posts

Top Bottom