Mikee100

Mikee100
Jeremy Clarkson does it again
Maybe his nose has been put out because he has not been appointed as an unelected cabinet member for motoring. He probably feels he has as much right as Sir Alan Sugar or the other 40% of unelected members ruling our democracy!

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Maybe, but he is not paid to say what we feel. He is on a constant ego trip and often spouts sexist and bigoted remarks from his soapbox.
If he wants to represent the people then he should go into politics and until then just do his job and stop showing off.

Ian

PASH

He does have the highest ratings for BBC2, Obviously he appeals to quite a few people. I find him a breath of fresh air as he tends to say exactly what most of us think but because of this ghastly New Labour PC world, we cannot!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
People like Clarkson, people who speak their mind, often saying what we're all thinking are looked down on, sneered at by the PC police..
"Have to be careful we don't upset anyone Jeremy"....

I admire him for it... i look forward to hearing what he has to say...
OK he's opinionated, obnoxious some might say but he certainly gets noticed.

I seem to remember a little while ago it was suggested he'd do a better job than the "One eyed twerp" doing the job now... JC for PM..!

Ever heard the saying... " I say what i like and I like what i bloody well say..!"
Could apply to JC.

Martyn

I like Clarkson but I can understand he upsets people as well. He is another Marmite person that doesn't sit on the fence.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
And another thing: he has ruined Top Gear, which was at one time the premier motoring show, and turned it into another opportunity for him to ponce about in front of an audience with his two fellow presenters (who are better motoring journalists) feeding him lines so the whole show is all about him. Met him once and he is as big a creep in the flesh as he is on the show.

Ian

Martyn

Don't beat around the bush Ian, say if you don't like him ;)

The scripts are what makes Top Gear entertaining. Yes in person I can imagine he would get on my nerves but controlled by a script he's good imho.

akbukowl

absolutely no excuse for using the laguage he used on this occassion no doubt if i used the c word on here i would be banned from the forum,usually people who use this kind of abuse have little to say

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
And another thing: I detest the way he singles out members of the audience who drive ordinary cars - the cars that most of us can afford - and makes fun of them for that. Anyone, it seems, who does not drive a Ferrari is a dork in his mindless world. Did I mention it is all about him?

Ian

PASH

Top gear ratings went through the roof in 1988 when J Clarkson joined and when he left in 1999 the viewing figures plummeted to less than half. When he returned the viewing figures went up to make it the most viewed show on BBC2 - must be doing something right!

Martyn

It's entertainment, people know what to expect whether they are in the audience or a guest on the show.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
- must be doing something right!

I rarely base my view of people solely on what other people think. When Blair was elected by a majority of the country, I could see him for what he was - popularity is transient and relies on the ego being fed. You take people like this out of the spotlight and they wither because everything about them is showmanship.
BBC executives love people like him and give them free rein, but at the heart of it is a rather shallow performer who enjoys ridiculing others. He does not speak for me and I detest the idea that he thinks he can say what he likes while the licence payer ( I am no longer in that group) pays for it.

Ian

PASH

Surely that is what entertainment is all about? The person you see on TV is rarely the person you meet in public. I was at school with T Blair and i can assure you, he had very little substance then and even less later on. Basically, as with many of these tv presenters, you have the pro club and the anti club. Personally i find him refreshing in his frankness in a world that strangles freedom of speech - I do pay the license fee and feel Top Gear is worthy of my contribution.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom