AmyO

Izmir to Bodrum
We are flying into Izmir and would like to go down to Bodrum. There is a train part of the way which ends in Selcuk. Can anyone advise if there is a bus from Selcuk to Bodrum.
Also do you have any idea how much the train journey costs.

Thanks

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Izmir to Bodrum
Never done the train and not sure it's still possible, we used to fly to Izmir 30 years ago and bus it down, it was a rough coach on rough roads but thankfully the drivers always had a cousin who had a restaurant en route to break the then 4 hour journey.
Wind it on the coaches are luxurious, the roads are very good and some of the drivers can actually drive, takes about 3 hours now.
But if you are really keen on part train, check out this web site, might help.

TCDD TA?IMACILIK

oldfogy

Just passing through
Izmir to Bodrum
Probably quicker to catch a Internal flight to Istanbul then back to Bodrum.

Spurs

Spurs
Izmir to Bodrum
Probably quicker to catch a Internal flight to Istanbul then back to Bodrum.

I would've thought that there's internal flights from Izmir to Bodrum, I'm pretty sure there's no direct trains from Izmir to Bodrum.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Izmir to Bodrum
There is an airport bus to Selcuk, then take a coach there is one about every half hour. No trains to Bodrum, they are not very frequent to Selcuk either

Izmir to Bodrum
Taxi to the main bus station, Pammukale have regular coaches all day and night direct to Bodrum. More or less hourly at the moment.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Izmir to Bodrum
Taxi to bus station in Izmir will cost more than bus to Bodrum that's why I suggested Havas to Selcuk.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Izmir to Bodrum
Don't forget if over 60 and a RP holder you can get a free bus pass to use anywhere in the Aydin district on any of the council run transport that is, cost 10TL for the year and takes a week before it can be collected.

Spurs

Spurs
Izmir to Bodrum
Don't forget if over 60 and a RP holder you can get a free bus pass to use anywhere in the Aydin district on any of the council run transport that is, cost 10TL for the year and takes a week before it can be collected.

Thats a right good post OF, I never knew that & could be useful info to some.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Izmir to Bodrum
Thats a right good post OF, I never knew that & could be useful info to some.
Got from the Water office, in the door see the woman on the right, usual photo copies of passport size picture and both sides of your RP card, she filled in the form for me which only took 2 minutes & 10TL then went back a week later to collect it.
Make sure you remember the expiry date because it is not shown on the card.
It can be used on the new pre-paid cards on the yellow dolmus's but not on the cash only dolmus.

EDIT.
It's not available in all areas/provenances.

Last edited:

AmyO

Izmir to Bodrum
I have arrived in Izmir before and taken a bus from the airport to the otogar. Quite simple. I've booked into hotel
Blanca Hotel
Murselpasa Bulvari 1397 SK No 2, Izmir, 35230 Turkey. Does anyone know if it's central or a bit of a hike.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Izmir to Bodrum
Check out the film by this title. Actually the Turks were acting under advice from the US government to crack down on drug trafficking, but there was a world outcry when an American was jailed as a result.

AmyO

Izmir to Bodrum
LOL - yes I remember the movie. Gave me nightmares. Thanks for the laugh. And thanks for the info guys.

Shen60

Izmir to Bodrum
We took the coach from the main bus station in Izmir to Bodrum. Very comfortable, nice coach with air con, tv screen on the back of each seat, loo on board and refreshments. Took about 3 hours with a stop in Soke, would do it again if I had to. The old man who hates travel with a passion was also impresseed and that's saying something!

reed55

Izmir to Bodrum
The cheapest way to get from Sel├žuk to Bodrum is to go by bus. It would be a 4 hour trip.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom