SAMIMI

Izmir to Bodrum
I have family members flying into Izmir airport at the end of March. They need to get to Bodrum. I have searched for flights but it seems there are no direct flights from Izmir to Bodrum. Have I missed something or can anyone tell me if there is?

teosgirl

Izmir to Bodrum
It's only about 3- 3,1/2 hour drive so I doubt there are flights to Bodrum.
You could try a bus company.

Charlotte

suzyq

Izmir to Bodrum
As far as I know there are no flights from Izmir to Bodrum as it's only about 250km away. I agree with Charlotte about the bus.

SAMIMI

Izmir to Bodrum
One family member is a bad traveller. After a four hour flight she will get travel sick on a 3.5 hour bus journey. I'm thinking maybe an overnight in a hotel in Izmir and then travel down to Bodrum the next day. Thanks for your replies.

429nufc

Izmir to Bodrum
Best bet is probably a taxi to the main bus depot - but make sure it's the one for Bodrum.

The alternative seems to be a local bus from the airport to the bus company office then a bus to the bus depot then a big bus direct to Bodrum, a bit of a faff but plenty of people want to help.

Depending on times you could get a train direct from the airport to Selcuk then a bus to Bodrum

Last edited:

sasha

Izmir to Bodrum
Some local car hire companies do private transfers from Izmir to bodrum. Not sure of costs but maybe worth it instead of paying for a hotel

littledave

littledave
Izmir to Bodrum
if they fly to Istanbul they can get flights to bodrum. and if they did want a hotel in Izmir for the night I would recommend hotel orty right next to the airport. we stay there if we arrive late.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Izmir to Bodrum
A taxi to the bus station from Izmir airport will costa fortune and is in the wrong direction. I would take a taxi to Selcuk and pick up a bus from there. if I was saying overnight I would do it in Selcuk rather than Izmir. The airport is on the selcuk/Bodrum side of town. Possibly take in Ephesus in the morning before heading out to Bodrum. Car rental is another option.

429nufc

Izmir to Bodrum
Ibrhim Abi which bus station are you travelling from to Izmir Airport?

Selcuk is approx. 50 miles from Izmir, now that would be an expensive journey but I agree an overnight in Selcuk is a good idea but do it by train if the times are right

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Izmir to Bodrum
Ibrhim Abi which bus station are you travelling from to Izmir Airport?

Selcuk is approx. 50 miles from Izmir, now that would be an expensive journey but I agree an overnight in Selcuk is a good idea but do it by train if the times are right

I was referring to Izmir one. I remember the last time I did that trip by taxi it cost me double the amount for the taxi than I paid for the bus from Izmir to Bodrum. In those days any taxi from Izmir airport was allowed to set the meter for the night rate at any time of day. I used to get a taxi to the nearest Migros, get out and then get another taxi at the day rate to my final destination.

lippy

Izmir to Bodrum
I got the airport coach from Izmir coach station the airport but on getting on the driver indicated towards a machine for a card but I didn't have one so he waved me on.How does a passenger pay to go to the airport,there was no cash machine do you buy a ticket before boarding.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Izmir to Bodrum
I got the airport coach from Izmir coach station the airport but on getting on the driver indicated towards a machine for a card but I didn't have one so he waved me on.How does a passenger pay to go to the airport,there was no cash machine do you buy a ticket before boarding.

If you take the Havatas or Havas buses you pay the conductor on the bus. I guess that you were boarding a normal municipal bus. The Havas buses used to collect and drop outside the Buyuk Efes hotel in alsancak.

lippy

Izmir to Bodrum
It was the Havas bus from down the stairs and outside the autogar,there was an Oyster card type machine on the bus,the driver didn't want money he realised I didn't have a card.

Bannerman

Izmir to Bodrum
sorry if i'm asking a question that appears to have been asked already but I've been led to believe that if you get to the bus station in Izmir it's easy to get a bus to Bodrum anyone any opinions on this thanks

michaelm

Izmir to Bodrum
A quick google search will show you that there are several bus companies providing a very good service between Izmir otogar and Bodrum even at this time of year. I imagine it would be better during holiday season

Omentide

Izmir to Bodrum
From Selçuk there are not a great many buses direct to Bodrum. We live in Selcuk. When we go to Bodrum we change bus at Aydın or Söke.

You might be able to find a reasonably priced transfer Izmir to Bodrum. But the taxis from Izmir airport to Selçuk are expensive. Train or one of the transfer services are the best way to get between Izmir and Selçuk.

Izmir to Bodrum
Pamukale do an hourly bus service from Izmir to Bodrum, l dont know the price, but its a good service which runs daily.

sharon

Barbsibo

Izmir to Bodrum
How about the train from Izmir airport. I know it goes to selcuk (and beyond) and is a lot cheaper than a taxi.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Izmir to Bodrum
From Selçuk there are not a great many buses direct to Bodrum. We live in Selcuk. When we go to Bodrum we change bus at Aydın or Söke.

You might be able to find a reasonably priced transfer Izmir to Bodrum. But the taxis from Izmir airport to Selçuk are expensive. Train or one of the transfer services are the best way to get between Izmir and Selçuk.

You used to be able to get onto any of the Izmir-Bodrum buses at Selcuk, is this not the case now? I remember the big companies used to have small offices there and would call the bus driver to get him to stop in Selcuk

Latest Posts

Top Bottom