pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I've met a waiter !!!!
Ahh that got your attention !!!!
I met a very nice waiter in Alanya his name is Aziz . He's 24yrs and Kurdish . I knew him last year but this year we had time to chat , His mum died when he was 4yrs old and his father remarried , The stepmother wouldn't have the previous wifes kids in the house , they slept in the barn , and was even fed outside, Her kids had more food and clothes etc , He works very hard he left "home " age 14 and went to alanya. His two brothers are in sweeden and married with kids , He saves all his money he wants to marry at 30yrs old , Now this may surprise some people ..He said he dosen't need a lot of money and can't understand the Turkish going out with women or marrying for money !!! He's saving for an apt , So he has a home for the future wife , He talks constantly about his mum , But he was very upset when some idiot tourists left some food on their plates ...He asked have you finished ..They said Yes , You can have that if your hungry !! He said to me do they think i'm a animal or dog , I'm a human being and i don't need their left overs its my cousins restraunt i eat here , ....Well you know me i just had to tell the tourists what i thought and where to put thier leftovers and insults too. In fact i kinda lost my temper a bit , How could you insult someone like that its terrible behaviour , Worse than being half naked around town or swear words on a T shirt , Because it was so hurtful to a very nice good young man ,
If looks could have killed them they'd be dead from the look i gave them . He phoned me today to say thank you , He wasn't allowed to be rude to customers . But i was a customer too so that was that ..............Diane

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I've met a waiter !!!!
Interesting, but in some countries they do actually think it's a compliment when you leave food on your plate as if you clean up they think that they haven't given you enough to eat. Maybe those people felt they were being complimentary, but went the wrong way about it.

Last edited:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
I've met a waiter !!!!
I met a very nice waiter in Alanya his name is Aziz . He's 24yrs and Kurdish . I knew him last year but this year we had time to chat , His mum died when he was 4yrs old and his father remarried , The stepmother wouldn't have the previous wifes kids in the house , they slept in the barn , and was even fed outside, Her kids had more food and clothes etc , He works very hard he left "home " age 14 and went to alanya. His two brothers are in sweeden and married with kids , He saves all his money he wants to marry at 30yrs old , Now this may surprise some people ..He said he dosen't need a lot of money and can't understand the Turkish going out with women or marrying for money !!! He's saving for an apt , So he has a home for the future wife , He talks constantly about his mum , But he was very upset when some idiot tourists left some food on their plates ...He asked have you finished ..They said Yes , You can have that if your hungry !! He said to me do they think i'm a animal or dog , I'm a human being and i don't need their left overs its my cousins restraunt i eat here , ....Well you know me i just had to tell the tourists what i thought and where to put thier leftovers and insults too. In fact i kinda lost my temper a bit , How could you insult someone like that its terrible behaviour , Worse than being half naked around town or swear words on a T shirt , Because it was so hurtful to a very nice good young man ,
If looks could have killed them they'd be dead from the look i gave them . He phoned me today to say thank you , He wasn't allowed to be rude to customers . But i was a customer too so that was that ..............Diane

that was very nice and warming to read! u definatly did a good thing, but if i was him ID have done the talking n sorted them out lol, but good of you to look out for him., thats just what people like him need, sum1 to trust

perfect1949

i just love my clique
I've met a waiter !!!!
what can i say women and waiters over here , it was probably said in jest , and the waiter took it the wrong way . or did he say what he said, to get your sympathy . dave

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I've met a waiter !!!!
No it wasn;t said in jest or a joke , Aziz says its happened befor , people seem to think that the workers are starving , These were Russian Tourists , Yes in some countries you leave food on your plate but you don't tell the waiter to eat it . Dave he didn't want my sympathy i saw it happen and like victoria ..I was not amused ......Diane

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
I've met a waiter !!!!
All I can say is that I have NEVER seen a "Starving " waiter -- all our waiters are well fed and watered 4 times a day - sometimes more !! and that goes for all the waiters I have known in other restaurants in Yalikavak
Dont fall for the " sympathy " tale !!
:yipee:

perfect1949

i just love my clique
I've met a waiter !!!!
No it wasn;t said in jest or a joke , Aziz says its happened befor , people seem to think that the workers are starving , These were Russian Tourists , Yes in some countries you leave food on your plate but you don't tell the waiter to eat it . Dave he didn't want my sympathy i saw it happen and like victoria ..I was not amused ......Diane

ok we will take your word for it , after all you was there and none us was . dave

sunsearch

I've met a waiter !!!!

Excusme , he looks so nice man. But i didnt understand why he doesnt understand Turkish people ? because Turkish people are marrying with women for money or going to europe ?

I've met a waiter !!!!
Sue I think you may have misread Dianes post.
She,s not saying that the waiter implied he was starving, but that the Russian tourists, when he asked if they had finished (what any polite waiter would do) said that he could have the leftovers if he was hungry.
He was angry at being treated and thought of in such a way.

Sunsearch, that is a bit of a sweeping statement and certainly will insult some of the ladies on this forum who have Turkish husbands/partners.
There is no denying that SOME Turkish men marry foreigners for money and/or a visa out of Turkey, but please do not assume that all Turkish men are like that.

Soo x

Last edited:

sunsearch

I've met a waiter !!!!
Yes you are right Rainbow.Maybe i will gonna marry with European Girl soon.But When he sad, poor, sorry and homeless he is Kurdish , but when they are marrying with women for money , they are Turkish. I dont like to talk about this topic (Turk / Kurd) but when i see that, its hurting me.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I've met a waiter !!!!
He isn't poor now he rents an apartment and has good savings in his bank account , He's worked hard since 14yrs old ...The thing is if someone said to us ..do you want to eat this a strangers leftovers on a plate would you eat it ??? I certainly would not , Yeah my dad used to cut me a bit of meat off his plate has a kid i didn't eat well , But thats very close family , Also he tells people he's Kurdish not Turkish ..but then i believe its all part of the same country ..Van is in Turkey ..In the winter he went to sweden to visit his brothers and the kids but he came home again ..he won't leave Turkey ....Diane

I've met a waiter !!!!
Sunsearch,
This may come as a shock to you - but most Europeans don,t really differentiate between Turks and Kurds To them they are people, full stop.
In fact I wouldn,t be surprised if there was probably a 50/50 split of the ladies here married to Kurds and Turks.

At the end of the day, poor is poor, hungry is hungry and it doesn,t matter what your ethnicity is.
I,m sure there are as many Kurdish "loverats" as there are Turkish "loverats".

That was not the point of the post though. It was how some tourists perceived their waiter.

Soo x

sunsearch

I've met a waiter !!!!
He isn't poor now he rents an apartment and has good savings in his bank account , He's worked hard since 14yrs old ...The thing is if someone said to us ..do you want to eat this a strangers leftovers on a plate would you eat it ??? I certainly would not , Yeah my dad used to cut me a bit of meat off his plate has a kid i didn't eat well , But thats very close family , Also he tells people he's Kurdish not Turkish ..but then i believe its all part of the same country ..Van is in Turkey ..In the winter he went to sweden to visit his brothers and the kids but he came home again ..he won't leave Turkey ....Diane

Yes im talking about it, he is kurdish and its good but when man are marrying with woman for money in turkey , they are turkish ;)

i hope you can understand what im trying to say.

sunsearch

I've met a waiter !!!!
Sunsearch,
This may come as a shock to you - but most Europeans don,t really differentiate between Turks and Kurds To them they are people, full stop.
In fact I wouldn,t be surprised if there was probably a 50/50 split of the ladies here married to Kurds and Turks.

At the end of the day, poor is poor, hungry is hungry and it doesn,t matter what your ethnicity is.
I,m sure there are as many Kurdish "loverats" as there are Turkish "loverats".

That was not the point of the post though. It was how some tourists perceived their waiter.

Soo x

i got the point dont worry

panther

I've met a waiter !!!!
I remember when Russia was poor and starving. Queuing up for bread. Couldn't afford to pay their military. This must have been in the last 20-30years or less. Remember the submarine that sank was not well equipped. That must have been in the last 10years or so.

Now it is richer and full of millionaires. Russians now have the opportunity to go on holidays like we do.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I've met a waiter !!!!
Yes im talking about it, he is kurdish and its good but when man are marrying with woman for money in turkey , they are turkish ;)

i hope you can understand what im trying to say.
My Husband is Kurdish He never ever told me he was Turkish ..But this subject is now going off topic , ....Which was being offered leftovers yuk , ....anyway its only my 9o,clock i'm tired didn't sleep well so pls stay on the topic . By the way he wants Kurdish / Turkish wife .........Diane

I've met a waiter !!!!
That is true Panther but sadly it seems that this new found wealth that some Russians are enjoying, hasn,t taught them any manners.

I have come across some appallingly rude and nasty Russian tourists in Antalya.

Soo x

p.s Gosh, how easy it is to digress :)

sunsearch

I've met a waiter !!!!
My Husband is Kurdish He never ever told me he was Turkish ..But this subject is now going off topic , ....Which was being offered leftovers yuk , ....anyway its only my 9o,clock i'm tired didn't sleep well so pls stay on the topic . By the way he wants Kurdish / Turkish wife .........Diane

Yes, im saying this if you read what you wrote you will understand. Of course he wont say he is Turkish, he should not say.

But in your text you wrote : "He said he dosen't need a lot of money and can't understand the Turkish going out with women or marrying for money !!! "

Its from your text.
Anyway take a rest,

Top Bottom