carolk

R.I.P
ITV programme to be made about Turkey - Altinkum.
I wonder if they will take a balanced view and speak to people who are happy here! somehow I dont think so; this kind of programme is only interested in the bad stuff!

I don't think its just about bad things. I think its about people who cant settle in another country, people who are homesick etc. It says they will fly people back to see how their homeland has changed in their absence and see if they have still made a mistake. It portrays its self to be wanting to give a balanced view but, a balanced view would be good and bad surely!!

His email is there for people to write to him giving their view, if its a good one send it.

Guz1

I have seen programmes like that in the past and the people don't always decide to go home. Most people deciding to move there will be aware of Turkey's good points. What harm if it lets others know the downside before deciding to up sticks and move abroad? Wouldn't the programme help them make a balanced decision. It might, also, be helpful to some (like Bob) who want to go home but can't because of their circumstances.

K'la

Hi Carol,
When will this be published on TV?
Thanks K'la

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Carol,
When will this be published on TV?
Thanks K'la

Sorry K'la, I don't know. It was an article in Voices this week, telling about the programme to be made etc. and asking for people to get in touch.

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
I think I have made a mistake coming to Turkey (I'm not there yet but I have an apartment) as it's too hot in the summer and not warm enough in the winter!!

Seriously though, I think ity's going to be OK, despite what I have read, and I'm sure it's gonna be better that British summers.

Bear in mind that one man's meat is another man's poison, and that no news is good news.

Just do hope the programme shows both sides of the equation.

Tommie

Peregrine

I wonder if they will take a balanced view and speak to people who are happy here! somehow I dont think so; this kind of programme is only interested in the bad stuff!

balanced views dont make good tv, sensationalist bad stuff is definitely what they want

Guz1

Balanced or not, could it be any worse than the recent programmes portraying the Turkish resorts as geriatric slapperville?

Pygmallion

Hi Carol and everyone else on this thread.

Why is everyone getting excited about a story that was first issued on June 15, 2008 - nearly 12 months ago - and too our knowledge has not been reproduced at all.

Have we missed something - as Carol's post was April 27. We have checked back and there is no live story on this particular issue about ITV.

Maybe Carol you could tell us where the Voices story has been originated from.

Hasan and Andy

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Carol and everyone else on this thread.

Why is everyone getting excited about a story that was first issued on June 15, 2008 - nearly 12 months ago - and too our knowledge has not been reproduced at all.

Have we missed something - as Carol's post was April 27. We have checked back and there is no live story on this particular issue about ITV.

Maybe Carol you could tell us where the Voices story has been originated from.

Hasan and Andy

It was on Voices website when I was reading about the 'Tapu Timebomb' story.

Are you saying it was not in Voices?

Voices Newspaper Altinkum Didim Turkey - ITV searches Altinkum for undecided Brits

Above is the link.

Last edited:

Pygmallion

Hi Carol

The link you gave says at the top in the grey box above the headline:

ITV searches Altinkum for undecided Brits
Posted on Sunday, June 15 @ 12:17:23 CDT by editor

I never said it was not on the Voices website.

As I said in my original post, it was an archived story that was from June 15 last year.

And if you go on the homepage of Voices, and look at the 20 or so stories from this week - Tapu Timebomb downwoards to the Marina story from last week, the ITV story is not one of them.

And it certainly did not go in this week's paper.

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Pygmallion

Is it a problem, would you like me to edit the original post and put the date on?. I would be quite happy to do this. I must have found it in the achieves.

Last edited:

Pygmallion

Sorry if I have offended you. I was simply putting the record straight.

It is only a problem to people thinking that the story is relevant and new as of today's date, or creating an impression this story is 'active', and they are then commenting on the wrong pretext.

I don't even know if the ITV researchers gathered enough people for the programme - and I have no knowledge or evidence that it was ever made.

carolk

R.I.P
Sorry if I have offended you. I was simply putting the record straight.

It is only a problem to people thinking that the story is relevant and new as of today's date, or creating an impression this story is 'active', and they are then commenting on the wrong pretext.

I don't even know if the ITV researchers gathered enough people for the programme - and I have no knowledge or evidence that it was ever made.

I think I should be the one to apologise not you, sorry.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom