Pandora

ITV Catchup New Problem
Just went to view ITV Catchup and can no longer get it. Message says ITV have updated their system, just when we have paid for unlimited access to settle down for the winter!!!!!!! Is there an update for access?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

hijo

in my own clique
ITV Catchup New Problem
..if you google ..readon....theres loads of movies here and bbc and itv news also sky ..and its free..:31:

Pandora

ITV Catchup New Problem
Thanks Sara

Thanks for your reply but I think this is one we tried before but it played havoc with our PC. I dare not download it again.

Chrissie

Sara-666

ITV Catchup New Problem
Thanks Sara

Thanks for your reply but I think this is one we tried before but it played havoc with our PC. I dare not download it again.

Chrissie

Hi Chrissie,

It did with ours at first but we cleared it, re-installed it and then it's been fine ever since. May be worth a try if you can't get anything else

Sara

abbeyloo

ITV Catchup New Problem
hi sara i use film on hdi but it is ok for a while .the keeps freezing do you have same prob thanks abbey

gra

belek member
ITV Catchup New Problem
Hi

We also use film on hdi, we find it is good if you have good internet speed, anything over 0.80 mbps is fine, but below that speed and the picture freezes.
You can test your internet speed at speedtest.net.

Gra

REDDERS

ITV Catchup New Problem
the only way to get tvcatchup now is thro' a vpn,thats a proxy server.I'm paying £5 a month but can also get all the bbc & itv i players,so you can see all the popular progs just after they have been shown on uk tv.
Go to 'my private network' & follow the simple instructions.Any problems pm me.

martin..

val2661

ITV Catchup New Problem
What download will it take to access My Private Network? I am only on basic internet at moment. I've just looked at the site and it looks great. Val

Sara-666

ITV Catchup New Problem
hi sara i use film on hdi but it is ok for a while .the keeps freezing do you have same prob thanks abbey

It seems to come and go, it hasn't frozen for over a week now, but then it can go 10 times in one program. It's still worth it to see Emmerdale though lol

Sara

Pandora

ITV Catchup New Problem
Hello, and thank you everybody for the advice.

We followed Sara's recommendation for HDi and we now have live BBC, ITV, Channel 4, 5 and some others. We worried about freezing and speed as we live in Yesilkent and TTnet said we can only get unlimited 1mb as thats all the speed our village can take at the moment but it has proved very good and we have had no freezing yet.

Thanks Sara and we are settling in for a cosy winter (excepting power cuts) lets hope we don't get the rain we had last January/February!!

Chrissie

ITV Catchup New Problem
What download will it take to access My Private Network? I am only on basic internet at moment. I've just looked at the site and it looks great. Val

yeah, it's too bad the ITV plugin for Firefox doesn't work any more. I used to use my private network too.

not sure how you would get on with a VPN if you have a bandwidth limit. why don't you pay a little more and get unlimited?

cheers

Last edited:

alison09400

ITV Catchup New Problem
Can someone please tell me how to get this film on hdi? I googled it but it's just bringing things up about high definition.

val2661

ITV Catchup New Problem
What is the download for watching 5 hours English TV per week? At the moment I am on basic broadband. Would I need to change to unlimited download?

Val

Helenm150

ITV Catchup New Problem
Re: 4GB monthly allowance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously, 4GB was adequate but my usage last month shot up to 12GB - due to the fact I have started to watch internet TV "Come Dine With Me", "Escape to the Country" and "X Factor" - so on these figures I am going to have to pay about 75TL excess - but then I read the info below on the TTNET website that Andy posted. Does this mean that excess charges are capped at 61.25TL? My ADSL is in a Turkish friend's name because at the time I had not obtained my residency - and he is very sick at the moment - so I don't want to bother him with a request to change my account to unlimited usage although, clearly, this is what I need!

The monthly total price that will be billed to our customers who subscribed to limited packages (monthly fee + quota exceeding fee), cannot exceed 25% more of the monthly fee of the unlimited package with the same speed. (For up to 8 Mbps packages with 4 GB, 4 GB (Plus) and 6 GB quota, the total of the monthly fee + quota exceeding fee cannot exceed 61,25 TL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Helenm150; 5th September 2009 at 11:24.. Reason: additions
---------------------------------------

The capping depends on what package you are on, but can not be more than 25% of the unlimited tariff of the speed package you are on. So if you are on a 29TL limited rate, but the unlimted rate for that speed is 49TL you will pay 25% on top of the 49TL ie 61.25TL no matter how much you go over the limit.

Obviously, if you are on a faster rate limited useage package, you will pay 25% on top of the unlimted rate for that speed package. these are probably plus taxes.

The upgrade is easy if the line is in your name. take your bills, passport etc to Turk Telekom and they do it within the hour usually.

Villabaris1
---------------------------------

I have TTNet unlimited package. I have a 2MB line (in reality I only get 1MB due to cable problems on Sitesi) I pay 69 tl average monthly. I took this on a promotion with ttnet as I also got a free router. The contract is for 2 years, if I break the contract I have to pay the difference for a normal 2MB ulimited package for the time I have had the package.

The only problem I have with ttnet and the unlimited package is I think ttnet are capping me as I am a heavy user of torrent files (movies ect). They will not tell you if you are being capped for heavy downloading they just slow your download speed down and are a general pain in the ar**!! with your connection.

Andy Webb

Last edited:
ITV Catchup New Problem

Val, I'm not sure what you mean. For a VPN connection there's nothing to download, you just follow set up instructions like the ones here at Uktvaccess.com. It's simply a case of adding another network connection you connect with after you are online locally, i.e. your computer then connects to a server in the UK.

Are you talking about bandwidth? If you don't have unlimited, yes, you may (or may not) hit your bandwidth limit at some point - I'm not sure cause I have TTNET unlimited. Maybe you should keep an eye on that for the first month and see if you need to change your Internet plan.

If your concern is connection speed on dial up, that might be an issue - streaming TV might not be instant, and you might have to wait for things to buffer (load to temporary memory). VPN servers do speed things up a bit though, they say.

If you are just going to watch a few programmes here and there you should be OK. UK TV Access has a grace period for refunds and both UKTV and mpn let you cancel easily.

Cheers

Neil

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom