Istanbul Ataturk airport attack
Turkish justice minister saying 10 dead and 40 injured and reporting hand grenades thrown into security area

Also reporting 2 suicide bombers blew themselves up at entrance to international terminal after armed police shot at them.

Last edited:

kemerkid

Bystander
Watching the news now, absolute chaos, airport naturally closed the effect on Turkey could be terminal. Very very sad indeed.

#Third explosion being reported now.#

Last edited:

Spurs

Spurs
This twisted planet.

Yet again a sad day for Turkey & those people caught up in it...............there is no end.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
unfortunately unconfirmed reports say death toll now 5O but being questioned I hope it is wrong link below

Translation
According to news from The Associated Press last minute, speaking to AP 'senior Turkish official' in Ataturk Airport, he said about 50 people were killed.
Atatürk Havaliman? ?ehit Say?s? 50 mi? Yabanc? ajanslar Türk Yetkili 50 ki?inin ya?am?n? yitirdi - Haberdan.com

Policeman tackling and shooting suicide bomber
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbjX50OY2-0"]live istanbul atatürk airport bomb :*( - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Mavisteve

I hope that the policeman was ok, and hope the other thing, rots in hell. What the hell makes these people like they are? IF it is their religion, I don't want to be anywhere near them again. I just won,t believe, that the Turkish people I ever met would support things like this either. Its so sad to see whats happening there. Stay safe, all you lovely people x.

suzyq

ISTANBUL, June 29 (Reuters) - Turkish Airlines suspended its flights until 8 am (0500 GMT) on Wednesday, the company said in a statement, after suspected Islamic State bombers killed 36 people at Istanbul airport late on Tuesday.

The flag carrier said in another statement any bookings on flights to or from Istanbul Ataturk airport between 28 June and 5 July 2016 would be changed or refunded without any cost, provided the passenger requests this by July 31. (Reporting by Asli Kandemir, writing by Dasha Afanasieva; Editing by Nick Tattersall)

Read more: Turkish Airlines suspends flights, offers refund after Istanbul attack | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

cside

Terrible. Feel so sad for all the people of Turkey, the vast majority who are peace loving people who want to get on living their lives, much the same as in any county in the world. A small minority of terrorists choosing violence over talking can cause so much damage as we in the UK know from 70s and 80s with the NI troubles, when we suffered most of our terrorist attacks.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Istanbul airport is actually relatively safe. They detonated it at the entrance as you cannot go through into the main reception area without having bags etc scanned. recently we were in Manchester UK, and you can leave your car and walk into the main check inn area with no X ray/search at all. It is very difficult to stop attacks at the entrance to an airport.

All this talk of cars not being checked is nonsense. tTey are not checked at most airports in the world, even if they were, attackers could arrive by Metro.

BOLGAN

Someones are disturbed by our normalizing relations with Russia and Israhell.

Spurs

Spurs
Someones are disturbed by our normalizing relations with Russia and Israhell.

I'm not. Tensions between countries leads to tensions between people. Europe managed to "normalise" relations with Germany after WW2, to get peace effort is required.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom