Mushtaq

Founding Member
Israel's Mossad role in Turkey coup plot revealed
Israel's national intelligence agency Mossad has been behind a failed coup in Turkey, the Turkish daily newspaper, Milliyet reports.

A secret investigation into detained Ergenekon group members and other studies outside Turkey indicate that Mossad orchestrated the coup plot against the Turkish government, the report says.

The Ergenekon group is a Turkish neo-nationalist organization with alleged links to the military, members of which have been arrested on charges of plotting to foment unrest in the country.

Investigators uncovered evidence that show a Jewish rabbi named Tuncay Guney, who worked for Mossad and fled to Canada in 2004, was a key figure behind attempts to overthrow the Turkish government.

A document uncovered this week by the Sabah daily shows how Guney purposefully infiltrated Ergenekon and another organization known as JITEM, an illegal intelligence unit in the gendarmerie suspected of hundreds of murders and kidnappings .

The rabbi was taken out of Turkey and sent to the US for protection after his identity was exposed in an investigation by Turkish police, according to Sabah.

Guney is also reported to have links with Israeli espionage activities in Egypt. According to Egyptian security forces, at least one of three suspects currently being pursued by the Egyptian government for spying was in contact with Tuncay Guney.

Meanwhile, a separate report by Turkish daily Yeni Safak has claimed that Turkish security forces have discovered some bags in Guney's Istanbul house that include the Israeli flag and Mossad's slogan.

According to an earlier report by Aksamanother Turkish daily, Mossad has been involved in several ambiguous events in Turkey.

The report claimed that Turkish security forces have discovered documents that disclose information concerning suspicious investment and economic activities by certain Jewish businessmen in Turkey.

The Jewish businessmen are alleged to have had significant relations with individuals, political groups and cultural organizations, which investigations show are affiliated to the Ergenekon group.

Turkish security forces have detained many members of the Ergenekon group, including retired army generals, politicians, popular lawyers and famous journalists. The individuals currently face trail on charges of plotting to overthrow Turkish Prime Minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Source: Press TV - Mossad role in Turkey coup plot revealed

Turkish:
Sonsayfa Haberler - MOSSAD'ýn Erdoðan'ý öldürme planý

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
It's quite possible this but I'd be suspicious about some of the news organisations carrying the story.

For example, the one you've quoted, Press TV is an Iranian funded organisation obviously with no love for Israel.

Stephen Pollard, of The Spectator, said of them in July 2008, "they are a propaganda arm of a regime which seeks the removal of Israel and Israelis from the face of the earth and funds terror organisations".

Matin Bright of the New Statesman says Press TV wouldn't be tolerated in many countries and the irony is it doesn't air in Iran itself.

David Toube of Harrys Place (a British political weblog) has raised further questions about the wisdom of hosting a holocaust-denying propaganda outlet in the UK. He points out that the Press TV website published a piece by holocaust denier Nicolas Kollerstrom that concludes "that the alleged massacre of Jewish people by gassing during World War II was scientifically impossible".

It's an interesting story and as I alluded to earlier, believable, but I'm always very wary of any stories about the intelligence services as they are invariably propaganda or counter propoganda.

As president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said himself at the launch of Press TV, at the headquarters of state broadcaster IRIB, its goal was to counter "propaganda" peddled by western channels.

C

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Ceemac, you should also be wary of the people you refer to: Bright and Toube are both extremely pro-Israel and defend it at every turn, attacking its critics enthusiastically while failing to give journalistic balance.
I am fascinated how 'democracies', such as USA, who purport to be furthering democracy are not averse to infiltrating countries to bring about regime change if they don't like the sort of democracy the country has chosen.
Israel, for example is regularly found to be spying and carrying out illegal operations in the United States, while US forces are working within Iran to destabilise the government there. They both ignore the elected representatives of middle east countries they don't like.
I guess most countries are at it in one form or another - try to get the best result for your own side and screw the competition. It seems to be OK until someone does it to them, then they scream with indignation.
Ian

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
I don't disagree with anything you've said Ian. As the old adage goes 'one mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter'.

They're all at it, I suppose that's how it works - and our own beliefs and influences cause us at some point to choose sides.

I make no secret of the fact that I admire Israel for many things - by the same token I despise what they did recently in Gaza and other recent events they have been involved in.

Having said that, I admire many other countries who would be no friend of Israel's - but I cannot have the crazy one's and I don't have to name them here!

C

Mushtaq

Founding Member
I was wondering how this sort of news effects the cosy relationship Turkey and Israel had for many years, which seem to be suffering recently, could it be this sort of things that started it of this is the effect.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
I was wondering how this sort of news effects the cosy relationship Turkey and Israel had for many years, which seem to be suffering recently, could it be this sort of things that started it of this is the effect.

I don't honestly think it'll affect much Mushtaq. As recently as 12 March, Turkey's Ambassador to Israel, Namik Tan, was saying that Israel is Turkey's "best friend" in the Middle East.

Mind you, relations between the Israelis and Palestinians on the ground seems to be improving.....

'An armed bank robbery which took place in the West Bank city of Ramallah last week was planned by Israel and one of the bandits is an Israeli Jew, a spokesman for the Palestinian Authority's security organizations said Sunday.

According to the man, Adnan Dameiri, some of the people involved in the robbery have been arrested and part of the stolen money has been returned.

Dameiri said that three of the robbery schemers have Israeli identity cards and one of them is a Jew. He didn't elaborate on the suspects' identities.

According to the PA official, the bandits observed the robbed bank and additional bank branches for four months before choosing to rob the Arab Bank branch. Four veiled people entered the branch and stole some 27,000 Jordanian dinars (about $38,055) at gunpoint.

In the past two years, the Palestinian security organizations have been exerting great efforts in restoring the law and order in West Bank cities.

The armed robbery was perceived as one of the boldest acts of crime committed in the territories, in light of the fact that it took place near the most protected security headquarters area in Ramallah. This was also the first armed robbery in the PA's history.'

Source: Associated Press

C

i think the whole Ergenekon episode is becoming farcical. ..even more so lately when this ruling party are piling on the charges in an attempt to create divisions.
its difficult to believe anything thats said at the moment.
İ'm wondering just how much more elbow room Erdoğan will take if the local elections give the AK party the green light.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom