bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
Israel closes Al Jazeera, and ban its journalists
Looks like Netanyahu's Govt have used the Qatar's problem as an excuse to close the station most critical of them ..... especially recently over Al-Aqsa clashes.

............................................................................................

"We have based our decision on the move by Sunni Arab states to close the Al Jazeera offices and prohibiting their work," Kara said, adding that the channel is being used by groups to "incite" violence.

Aidan White, director of the London-based Ethical Journalism Network, called Israel's decision "is a full frontal attack" on press freedom.

"It is a shocking statement, and it completely undermines Israel's claims to be the only democracy in the region, because it gets to the heart of one of the most important institutions of democracy.

In recent months, Saudi Arabia and Jordan both shut down Al Jazeera bureaus as part of a coordinated diplomatic and economic campaign against Qatar, base of the Al Jazeera's headquarters.

Al Jazeera's signal has also been blocked in the United Arab Emirates.

Egypt, which is also part of the blocking group, banned Al Jazeera several years ago.

Israel moves to close Al Jazeera, ban its journalists | News | Al Jazeera

Mushtaq

Founding Member
I think aljazeera is one of the better news channels out there, they make some good though provoking documentaries too.

Israel joining their secret partners in attacking the only more of less real news channel in the middle east nearly all are controlled by the governments.

I think aljazeera is one of the better news channels out there, they make some good though provoking documentaries too.

Israel joining their secret partners in attacking the only more of less real news channel in the middle east nearly all are controlled by the governments.

Mushtaq
I agree -it is my preferred news channel. Of course, what is shown in the UK may not be the same as that shown in the Middle East. It is state funded (Qatar) and has been criticized for being pro Muslim Brotherhood

Looks like Netanyahu's Govt have used the Qatar's problem as an excuse to close the station most critical of them ..... especially recently over Al-Aqsa clashes.

............................................................................................

"We have based our decision on the move by Sunni Arab states to close the Al Jazeera offices and prohibiting their work," Kara said, adding that the channel is being used by groups to "incite" violence.

Aidan White, director of the London-based Ethical Journalism Network, called Israel's decision "is a full frontal attack" on press freedom.

"It is a shocking statement, and it completely undermines Israel's claims to be the only democracy in the region, because it gets to the heart of one of the most important institutions of democracy.

In recent months, Saudi Arabia and Jordan both shut down Al Jazeera bureaus as part of a coordinated diplomatic and economic campaign against Qatar, base of the Al Jazeera's headquarters.

Al Jazeera's signal has also been blocked in the United Arab Emirates.

Egypt, which is also part of the blocking group, banned Al Jazeera several years ago.

Israel moves to close Al Jazeera, ban its journalists | News | Al Jazeera

All these countries are America's allies.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
All these countries are America's allies.

And the point is Michael?

Because..... so is the country they are against Qatar, having the biggest American base in the M.E.

I think Trump's stupid interference is a sidebar to the main problem having stumbled into it, through naivety of the ME by wrongly boosting Saudi's prestige on his visit.Showering it with praise ( most likely swept up by the pomp of his welcome, and so grateful for once not to be met by protesters as in other countries ...Ego )

I think whats disliked by this ME Group......is Qatar hasn't fallen into step with other Sunni Gulf/ME countries in foreign relations. With Qatar having an independent nature and quite mercurial foreign relations, supporting both Sunni and Shia sects. Which means they have been seen to support and enjoy relations, with the Saudi's nemesis Shia Iran and allowed shelter and offices for groups disliked for various reasons by some of these countries Hamas and Muslim Brotherhood plus support and arms to questionable groups viewed as terrorists fighting in Syria and Iraqi.

Last edited:

Saoirse

Quite simply there would be no Israel if it were not for the US

Those who make excuses for the US pathological support of the modern worlds most evil criminal statelet kid no one.

Yankophiles who slavishly brown nose the regime in Washington yet try to say they do not also support Israel-is like saying Hitler wasn't that bad it was the Nazi party who were the bad guys

US = Israel

Without its support there would be no Israel

Last edited:

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
And the point is Michael?

Because..... so is the country they are against Qatar, having the biggest American base in the M.E

I think Trump's stupid interference is a sidebar to the main problem having stumbled into it, through naivety of the ME by wrongly boosting Saudi's prestige on his visit.Showering it with praise ( most likely swept up by the pomp of his welcome, and so grateful for once not to be met by protesters as in other countries ...Ego )

I think whats disliked by this ME Group......is Qatar hasn't fallen into step with other Sunni Gulf/ME countries in foreign relations. With Qatar having an independent nature and quite mercurial foreign relations, supporting both Sunni and Shia sects. Which means they have been seen to support and enjoy relations, with the Saudi's nemesis Shia Iran and allowed shelter and offices for groups disliked for various reasons by some of these countries Hamas and Muslim Brotherhood plus support and arms to questionable groups viewed as terrorists fighting in Syria and Iraqi.

Sorry, Michael, it was genuine interest in your point of view. I didn't understand the ambiguous reply to my post from you.

Michael's Quote, All these countries are America's allies.

Normally mods are there to try to keep the thread on course,
I didn't expect one interjecting for a mate with his usual trivia of a non-related nature , as a distraction.

Obviously, he mustn't have had confidence enough in you answering Michael. I am sure he is wrong.

Last edited:
Sorry, Michael, it was genuine interest in your point of view. I didn't understand the ambiguous reply to my post from you.

Michael's Quote, All these countries are America's allies.

Normally mods are there to try to keep the thread on course,
I didn't expect one interjecting for a mate with his usual trivia of a non-related nature , as a distraction.

Obviously, he mustn't have had confidence enough in you answering Michael. I am sure he is wrong.

There was nothing ambiguous about my post Bal. I wasn't aware of any mod 'interjecting' on my behalf. Further Michael refuses to be bated.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
I didn't say you were aware Michael.

All that was asked is what you meant in your post in reply.......... to my post.

I found it ambiguous because they are all American Allies so couldn't and still can't see what you meant.

But if you feel unable, or don't wont to answer, or need this as a distraction by calling it baiting, it's also OK by me .

But if you really believe its baiting sounds a bit paranoid, as we have hardly ever crossed paths on posts before, so wouldn't see the need if I had ...

Saoirse

There was no mod interjecting on anyone's behalf. Bal trying to get a rise out of myself is pointless and antagonistic guff takes the thread away from subject

Keep to topic or posts will be deleted. Simples

It's a good thread worth developing on topic

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Can we please stick to the topic without the personal comments chaps? All this baiting is rather enervating!

Saoirse

Steve you I and other members have all at times went off topic

Understandably recently more and more members have asked that this is stopped as it's very frustrating having to wade through pages of daft exchanges

It was wrong when I did it or you or anyone and mods are now trying to ensure threads stay on topic

I would ask that we all myself included stick with this as decent threads do indeed go awry

Back to topic

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom