Bill Rocker

Island hopping from Datca
We are hoping to visit Datca in August and fancy a visit to Simi and possibly on to Rhodes. Has anyone had any experience of such a trip? I have trawled through other threads but there are no recent posts. Is it still the case of finding someone with a boat and enough passengers to make the trip economic?

kaplumba

Hi Bill, we keep saying we are going to do that and then we get to Datca and settle in and don't want to leave lol.
Anyway there are various ways. Several boats go off each week to Symi and you just nip down to the harbour and book it. However these are return trips and were about 50 euros each with a minimum of 8 passengers on board. I don't know if any would do a one way fare. There is the Saturday ferry that brings them all over to the market and it is possible to go back on that during the afternoon. There is also a weekly ferry to Rhodes but you can also easliy get to Rhodes from Symi.
An alternative trip would be to go by bus to Marmaris and then get the ferry to Rhodes, tootle round a few islands and then end up in Symi in time for the Saturday ferry back to Datca. Or you can get a ferry to Bodrum and from there a ferry to Kos. My sister in law did that one but hated it and said Kos was a 'hell hole' compared to Datca and hot footed it back as soon as she could!
There is an office by the square selling ferry tickets so that would be a place to ask.
One bit of info, Symi is always hotter than Datca. I went one June and it was over 40 with no breeze, we nearly expired and just went from cafe to cafe looking for shade. It is a lovely place though and so different to Datca.

CJD

Bozburun was supposed to get a customs this year and a ferry service to Simi
but we were told it had been delayed till September when we were out in June.
I suspect it won't happen till next year now which is a shame cause it would
be ideal for us and good for the Bozburun area

kaplumba

Are you out again soon Carol? We must be due for a little get together. Bill I forgot to say. The ferry (hydrofoil) times to Rhodes from Marmaris are on the internet. My son got it from Rhodes to Marmaris last year and said it took 45 mins. I believe the Rhodes to Symi ferry is frequent and also Rhodes to Kos.
MARMARIS RHODES FERRY LINES & RHODES MARMARIS FERRY LINES ONLINE

Last edited:
At the moment none of the boats are going to Symi as far as I know. It was 60 Euros earlier in the season. Best bet, as Jane suggests, is Marmaris to Rhodes, to Symi in time for the Saturday hydrafoil.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom