Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Is Turkey open
Flights are scheduled to come in from Germany and The Netherlands May 28th.
As yet, no mention of anything from Britain but I'm in touch with many people in and around Britain who have been told by different tour operators that they are hoping to restart flights in September.

Where I am down here on the Turkish South Coast, most people feel like this 2020 season has already been put to bed.

enoch

Is Turkey open
Flights are scheduled to come in from Germany and The Netherlands May 28th.
As yet, no mention of anything from Britain but I'm in touch with many people in and around Britain who have been told by different tour operators that they are hoping to restart flights in September.

Where I am down here on the Turkish South Coast, most people feel like this 2020 season has already been put to bed.
Holiday makers. In May, Must be crazy.

esb1841

Is Turkey open
Ryanair have announced they expect a 1,000 flights starting in/from July. I personally still wouldn't pre book with any carrier. Seems carriers are more than willing to take your money but have an issue on returning it for cancelations.

It seems he is pushing for 14 day mandatory quarantine as he has stated that
passengers were unlikely to observe a 14-day travel quarantine

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52629644

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Is Turkey open
Not forgetting that Ryanair was one of the carriers who asked to EU to reverse their ruling that monies should be returned to travellers whose flights had been cancelled. They along with others wanted to keep the punters monies in their own coffers.

Hats off to them though if they can predict the state of play with this virus by July, bit surprised that the WHO cant even make that prediction.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Is Turkey open
I somehow think that a punter guaranteeing paying their air fare is a better guarantee than what carriers offer.
I don't know who is trying to kid who over this.
Over holidays, Governments, carriers cannot guarantee anyone anything. FFS people don't even know yet if by July, people from Stoke can even do a week in Wales.
Virgin are now saying that they are aiming for 2021, which to me sounds more reasonable but again, I wouldn't book now with them.
Virgin & Ryanair were two companies from the get go to palm their own staff off.

kemerkid

________
Is Turkey open
The thing is Jaycey the only news seems to be CV, takes me next to no time to shuffle through my news sites. I am sure crims are still out and about doing crim thing, financiers still doing no good, murderers still murdering, but according to the news, unless CV related then it's no news.

:attention:croc::nerd:

Never mind though, Derek will keep us supplied with jokes.

There must be a funny side to it!

Kanga

Is Turkey open
In answer to the question for this thread.

Turkey lifts travel ban on nine provinces as COVID-19 measures ease
May 12 2020 02:04 Gmt+3
Last Updated On: May 12 2020 03:52 Gmt+3
Travel restrictions have been lifted in nine Turkish provinces as the government continues to ease measures it imposed to control the spread of the coronavirus.

The Interior Ministry lifted the ban on travel in and out of Adana, Denizli, Diyarbakır, Kahramanmaraş, Mardin, Ordu, Şanlıurfa, Tekirdağ and Trabzon provinces on Tuesday morning.

The restrictions will continue for another week in the 15 remaining provinces where the ban was imposed in March: Ankara, Balıkesir, Bursa, Eskişehir, Gaziantep, Istanbul, Izmir, Kayseri, Kocaeli, Konya, Manisa, Sakarya, Samsun, Van and Zonguldak.

The government’s move to loosen measures began over the weekend, when people aged over 65 were allowed to leave their homes for exercise for the first time in nearly two months. On Monday, shopping centres and barbershops reopened, and President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has laid out what he calls a normalisation plan that will see further temporary curfews imposed as the country’s businesses gradually resume work under tighter social distancing guidelines.

Some 60,000 of more than 70,000 people placed under quarantine have returned home after completing two weeks under observation, Turkey’s disaster relief agency AFAD said. The majority of those were quarantined to prevent the spread of COVID-19 after returning to the country from abroad for the Ramadan holy month of fasting, which ends with the Eid al-Fitr holiday on May 23.

(Times Turkish time GMT+3)

15:50 – Turkey must remain vigilant until virus is defeated, Erdoğan says

Turkey’s president warned the country to remain vigilant against the coronavirus until it is decisively beaten around the world in televised comments to his party administration on Monday afternoon.

Erdoğan’s warning came despite the easing of measures against the virus this week. He said Turkey had made good progress in battling COVID-19, but warned the country to remain vigilant and said people should be prepared for sweeping changes around the world after the crisis.

“After the pandemic, a process will begin of restructuring not only global political and economic relations, but also people’s minds,” he said.

15:10 – University exams to be held online

Turks studying to enter university will not sit exams in testing centres this year due to the risks posed by the coronavirus pandemic, the country’s Council of Higher Education said.

Instead, candidates will sit online exams or be judged on coursework turned in through transparent and supervised distance learning systems, Artı Gerçek news site quoted the council as saying.

14:20 – Economist: Pandemic will bring mass unemployment, decades of economic damage

The damage that the novel coronavirus wreaks on economies around the world will resemble the Great Depression of 1929, and Turkey could see permanently high unemployment for years as it struggles to recover, Istanbul Kültür University scholar Sinan Alçın told Cumhuriyet newspaper.

Alçın said unemployment was likely to rise to 20 percent in the next month's count, and services and many other sectors would see persistently high unemployment continue into 2021 and beyond. The jobless rate was 13.6 percent in the three months to March.

Turkey’s best-case scenario would see a gradual U-shaped recovery from the coronavirus impact, he said.

14:00 – Masks mandatory in shopping centres

Turkey’s Interior Ministry has published rules on newly reopened shopping centres around the country, making it mandatory for all workers and shoppers to wear masks.

Customers will be allowed to stay at the centres for a maximum of three hours and are asked to leave as quickly as possible, said the ministry’s rules, which also stated that workers should change masks if they become dirty or damp.

https://ahvalnews.com/turkey-corona...an-nine-provinces-covid-19-measures-ease-blog

Jaycey

African Refugee
Is Turkey open
The thing is Jaycey the only news seems to be CV, takes me next to no time to shuffle through my news sites. I am sure crims are still out and about doing crim thing, financiers still doing no good, murderers still murdering, but according to the news, unless CV related then it's no news.

:attention:croc::nerd:

Never mind though, Derek will keep us supplied with jokes.

The implied question was why so many different threads on the same subject - not that the subject doesn’t deserve full coverage.

How about another thread “Cats Love Lockdown”? :behindsof

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=My+Pets+Love+Lockdown

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Is Turkey open
A couple of weeks or so back the scream was, failing to test those coming into Heathrow, I get that, everyone should've been tested. Now the Government is talking about a 14 day isolation period for those flying in...…..fair enough. Now carriers are saying that measure could come at the cost of 12,000 jobs. That's the position the whole of the planet is in, one action creates several if not thousands of other problems.

I'm a keep everywhere locked down voter BUT I know that's impossible. Flights to me should be for those stuck in countries that are not considered to be their homes & have a valid urgency to get back.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom