Is Turkey a member of the EEA?
Hello

I believe when you retire abroad you can claim your UK State Pension. If the Country you move to is within the EEA( European Economic Area) your pension will go up in value each year with inflation. Can anyone tell me is Turkey a member of the EEA?

Thanks

Hello Rachel....no it isnt.
but Turkey and the Uk have a reciprocal tax agreement
i have my penison increased in line with inflation and i dont pay any tax as i have declared myself non resident...and nobody bothers to tax me here although they know i am here..i do everything above board.

i have my penison increased in line with inflation

I wish I could Shirl!!

Oops sorry back to topic
:loony:

How do you do that?

Hi Susan ..what do you mean,..do you mean paying no tax..? if you arent living in the UK you dont pay income tax.
My State and Superan pensions are mine as a right due to the contributions ive made.
İ havent any rights now regarding NHS i would have to pay if i ever needed treatment over there..unless it was an emergency.

butt007

Warren
Before we came out to Turkey to live I spoke to the international pensions office at Newcastle by phone and they assured me that we would both get our full state pensions plus the yearly inflation increase set by the government each year.
Warren

Latest Posts

Top Bottom