jenifer

Is this the most racist act you have ever heard of?
A white man is charged with using racist language. He is taken to a COURT of LAW and found NOT GUILTY!
He is then charged again on the same charge. He is tried by a group of people, the FA and found guilty even though he has been found NOT GUILTY in a COURT of LAW.
The racist part is they charged the white man but not the black man, who started it all.
Does FA stand for what they know about football, FA, or does it stand for who they are F Ar*eholes.
Any comment on this topic?

Ron

Saoirse

Pretty straightforward really. One court required a higher burden of proof just like someone can get away with a crime in criminal court but be sucessfully sued in a civil one.

clatchyrock

A white man is charged with using racist language. He is taken to a COURT of LAW and found NOT GUILTY!
He is then charged again on the same charge. He is tried by a group of people, the FA and found guilty even though he has been found NOT GUILTY in a COURT of LAW.
The racist part is they charged the white man but not the black man, who started it all.
Does FA stand for what they know about football, FA, or does it stand for who they are F Ar*eholes.

Ron

The difference between a court of law and a civil hearing is that in a court of law guilt has to be 'beyond all reasonable doubt' yet in a civil hearing guilt is determined on the 'balance of probabilities'
So, on the balance of probabilities JT was clearly guilty.
I think the FA should be applauded for their decision, but I would suspect the criminal court decision was a white wash.

Last edited:

Spurs

Spurs
So what happens to the money from the fine that the FA has impossed? FA coffers or the victim? If it goes to the FA then..........................of course he is guilty.

TCJ

At the conclusion of the original trial the judge stated "Mr Terry’s explanation [that he was replying to Ferdinand] is, certainly under the cold light of forensic examination, unlikely". Unlikely, but not beyond all reasonable doubt. The FA seems to have concluded that on the balance of probabilities Terry could not be believed. Quite right too.

Last edited:

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
The title of this thread seems a little over the top for me.

It's good that people are shown up and punished for being racist. Terry, being a top-class footballer, known worldwide, should certainly be held to task for his filthy remark to a fellow player. Well done the FA.

The most racist acts that come most readilly to mind are things like, Aparteid in South Africa, Hutu going against Tutsi leaving 1000's dead during one morning of madness, or even the acts of Hitler, in my thinking one of the worst racists that ever walked this earth.

Terry's spat on the field unfortunately shows that racism is still something that needs to be met head on, and dealt with.
Hopefully, some of the youngsters that hero worship Terry, might just take note and have a less bitter attitude to different nationalities.

Smiler

The OP asked for comments;
I don't think he's a racist, however I do think he's an obnoxious tVVat. Unfortunately, you can't ban someone for that alone.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
The sad thing about this, for me, was that after a month of watching wholesome young athletes who have modestly trained all their lives for no financial reward, we are once again thrust right back into the ugly side of sport. These footballers have no other talent than their skill with a ball, but because of the vast amounts of cash thrown at them they have lost all humility and abandoned any sense of sport for sport´s sake; they are thuggish louts who feel invulnerable and self-important.

Here, for once, one is brought to account. Perhaps he will learn something from this, but perhaps more important the actions of the FA might be an example of good beating bad.

He also cheated on his wife - the rat.

Ian

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
The sad thing about this, for me, was that after a month of watching wholesome young athletes who have modestly trained all their lives for no financial reward, we are once again thrust right back into the ugly side of sport. These footballers have no other talent than their skill with a ball, but because of the vast amounts of cash thrown at them they have lost all humility and abandoned any sense of sport for sport´s sake; they are thuggish louts who feel invulnerable and self-important.

Here, for once, one is brought to account. Perhaps he will learn something from this, but perhaps more important the actions of the FA might be an example of good beating bad.

He also cheated on his wife - the rat.

Ian

And many of those athletes who trained all their lives for no financial reward earn a lot more than a lot of footballers

London 2012 Olympics: Team GB stars' earnings to fall | Mail Online

Martin

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
A few amongst the thousands may benefit, but most are now back at their day jobs. And, while this may be true for a few of the British, it is not true for the majority from across the globe.

Ian

Spurs

Spurs
Its a pretty blinkered life if you think that its a good start to nail a footballer for racism. Who actually worships JT? To get rid of racism or even attempt to you need to go a lot further back than a footballer. Try starting on the streets in Bradford, Birmingham, Coventry, areas of London etc. Thats where racism is and its BOTH WAYS. I do not consider JTs guilt as even a pin ***** on what the real problems of racism. Cannon fodder thats all he was, guilty yes but his career is on the ebb & lets be honest he was not one of footballs greats.
When in the UK I go and watch local teams, whatever JT done or said would not touch most of the Sunday teams & they do not put their hands over their mouths when saying it, both players & supporters.

clatchyrock

. I do not consider JTs guilt as even a pin ***** on what the real problems of racism.

I think in this context you are allowed to say *****......

C

ChristineP

. I do not consider JTs guilt as even a pin ***** on what the real problems of racism.

I think in this context you are allowed to say *****......

Hmmm.....*****ly one that. Probably okay though can't be too careful....

:larf:

This Sums up the UK in one.
What a fiasco to please the masses!!!!:3:

Ron

Latest Posts

Top Bottom