RIK

Is this for real.
I was looking through another forum and The Daily Telegraph online when I came across this article.Bear in mind when you look at the photograph that some of the luggage lockers are open,video screens are down and it would appear that the row behind this guy is empty.

Passenger creates big debate at American - I mean big!

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Is this for real.
I saw it a couple of days ago but there's some question about whether or not the picture's authentic.

CJD

Is this for real.
My worst flight ever was sat to a VERY large man who was travelling with
his mother who was sat behind him ( she was'nt so stupid as to share a seat with him) the arm rest would not go down between us and he had to
have an extension belt, I spent the entire flight twisted and squashed, not
fun for 4 hours!! and it took 3 days before the crick in my shoulder let up
I said nowt cause he was a bit simple and I just wanted to get away on
holiday, but I will never allow it to happen again it is just not fair on other
passengers and stoopid me never gave the safety issues a thought!

Martyn

Is this for real.
I think the time has come for there to be a cage where you personally have to fit in to buy a single ticket, a bit like what you have to put your hand luggage it.:happy: . Whether you should pay for it is another issue. If you don't fit then you have a double ticket/seat. We've had the discussions about weighing people like luggage but that wouldn't work out. It's no fun sitting next to someone like that.

Mushroom

Is this for real.
I have a neighbour who can nearly match that bloke for size and she has holidays abroad.
I always wonder whether she pays for either some sort of premium seating or pays for two seats, because I am certain she would never fit in a conventional one.
In the event of an emergency, you would have to climb over her !
What concerns me most is that they say we are all candidates for a bit of flatulence due to the altitude, I can only imagine what it is like when someone that size lets one go !

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Is this for real.
Im sick to death of bony people, bruising my huge manly frame, I have a 56" chest and 40" waist (M & S stretch), I get irritated by weasly people who sit by the window on the aircraft, have 2 beers then have to get up an pee 5 times on a 4 hour flight. Then theres the little short asses ask for the leg room seats so the 6' 2" guys like me have to sit with my knees in their backs, while their legs wont even reach the floor, then they try to recline their seats and wonder what the problem is when it wont go back becuase my knees are forced into it.
My advice to all you skinny people is, if ever you sit next to me dont annoy me or I will flatten you and break all your bones by sitting on you !

martin (tongue in cheek)

willip

willip
Is this for real.
my worst flight was coming home from Turkey, i was in the aisle seat and the two other passengers had not arrived I looked down the plane and saw a large guy heading our way so i said to my friend you know the way i always get the nutter sitting next to me on the bus well i bet this fella is next to me, all the passengers were looking horrified until he passed them next minute they were all grinning. As i stood up to let him in a terrible smell of BO hit me, he sat the whole journey with him arms on both arm rest, and keep shouting orders to his mousey wife like just as we were taking off he would say to her sweet then later Magazine no please or thank you, my friend thought it was highly amusing and still talks about it Pat

Saoirse

Is this for real.
whilst lard assess can be annoying its squealing brats that piss me off most on flights

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Is this for real.
whilst lard assess can be annoying its squealing brats that piss me off most on flights

Jeremy Clarkson wrote an article about using the overhead lockers (sound proofed of course) for storing screaming kids ! though I think he was writing about business class
But as most of us travel to Turkey on nothing better than a bus I suppose we have to put up with it !

though I do like the idea !

martin

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Is this for real.
my worst flight was coming home from Turkey, i was in the aisle seat and the two other passengers had not arrived I looked down the plane and saw a large guy heading our way so i said to my friend you know the way i always get the nutter sitting next to me on the bus well i bet this fella is next to me, all the passengers were looking horrified until he passed them next minute they were all grinning. As i stood up to let him in a terrible smell of BO hit me, he sat the whole journey with him arms on both arm rest, and keep shouting orders to his mousey wife like just as we were taking off he would say to her sweet then later Magazine no please or thank you, my friend thought it was highly amusing and still talks about it Pat

And I'd have said to him "Beer, over your head".

:cheers:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Is this for real.
Bet on this flight they didn't sell much duty free ...For the cheek of it ..Diane

Reactions: GnD

Philogic

Is this for real.
Remember that it is a legal requirement that armrests must be down during take off and landing. Insist on keeping them down during the flight. Report the airline to the Civil Aviation Authority if they dont. They will get a massive fine for breaching these regulations.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Is this for real.
Remember that it is a legal requirement that armrests must be down during take off and landing. Insist on keeping them down during the flight. Report the airline to the Civil Aviation Authority if they dont. They will get a massive fine for breaching these regulations.

Thank you Mr Philogic for this very important and very useful information.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Is this for real.

Hi Philogic

can you quote the law/ regulation number for this as I have recently travelled long haul and short haul on varous airlines and I noticed that they no longer ask for your arm rests to be in the down position, Turkish airlines dvd safety presentation is a classic case. seats upright yes, tray tables stowed yes but no mention of arm rests

with thanks

martin

jcrian

Is this for real.
My wife who weighs 48kg was charged excess baggage for being 0.8kg over weight. (£8!!)

Saoirse

Is this for real.
I think it would not be feasible to charge extra for heavier people. How would it work? Weigh in at check-in?

Apart from it not being practical where does it end?

I mean very tall people can be annoying too if they spread out in the seats and not all bigger people are neccessarily overweight

Last edited:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Is this for real.
I have a neighbour who can nearly match that bloke for size and she has holidays abroad.
I always wonder whether she pays for either some sort of premium seating or pays for two seats, because I am certain she would never fit in a conventional one.
In the event of an emergency, you would have to climb over her !
What concerns me most is that they say we are all candidates for a bit of flatulence due to the altitude, I can only imagine what it is like when someone that size lets one go !

Must be me but letting one go on an airplane has always been difficult. Maybe its the cabin pressure ?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom