ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Is There No End To It?
You know, I'm ashamed to say this, but you do really wonder what the heck is going on in British mosques.

I'm no Islamophobe, but things like the story below do shake your 'faith' in the fastest growing religion on earth.

You don't continually see stories of Christian churches being used as meeting places for radicals, or storage areas for subversive materials.

I'm not a practising Christian by the way, but there seems to be such a contrast between the two religions.

Meantime the government are funding some of these places?

Not all Muslims are terrorists, that's for sure, but it does seem nowadays that all terrorists are Muslim....

Here

C

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Is There No End To It?
Totally agree Mushtaq. The point I'm making though is that all the 'nutcases' seem to be tagging themselves on to Islam, and encouraged to do so by people such as those in this story.

There's not, to my knowledge at least, another religion currently that has this, and it doesn't seem to be a mindless few?

C

Saoirse

Is There No End To It?
yeah there were never any nut cases with dog collars whipping up hatred and using "religious" property to store subversive material here

Its only muslims!

Listen to yourself!

There were and will always be religious extremists of ALL persuasions

Martyn

Is There No End To It?
The fundamentalist Christians are almost as bad. I was reading on Wikipedia about the ban of bible readings in schools in the US and the movement of fundamentalist Christians into politics.The difference seems to be that Christians don't want to blow themselves up which to me makes it a little bit more palatable.

The past half-century has witnessed a surge of Christian fundamentalists toward politics. Some attribute this interest to the decisions by the United States Supreme Court in 1962 to prohibit state-sanctioned prayer in public schools in the case of Engel v. Vitale and in 1963 to prohibit mandatory Bible reading in public schools in the case of Abington School District v. Schempp. By the time [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan"]Ronald Reagan[/ame] ran for the presidency in 1980, self-described fundamentalists had become more likely to participate in politics than other Christians were.

Last edited:

parrot

Is There No End To It?
Another recruitment drive for the B.N.P.they must be loving this and many more such activities.There will be those who say it's the medias and mainly the tabloids,fault for stirring it up.

Is There No End To It?
There's not, to my knowledge at least, another religion currently that has this, and it doesn't seem to be a mindless few?
C

I have lost count of the number of reports I have read about violent and sometimes murderous attacks carried out by Christians against health care workers in the US who work in facilities that legally provide terminations for pregrant women

Saoirse

Is There No End To It?
I would add to that in Lebanon, Beirut in particular Christian falangist death squads have been operating for years attacking and murdering non christians in the name of their religion

Its ridiculous to suggest its only musims who have extremists hijacking their faith

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Is There No End To It?
'There's not, to my knowledge at least, another religion currently that has this'

'Not all Muslims are terrorists, that's for sure, but it does seem nowadays that all terrorists are Muslim....'

The point I am making is that this is happening currently and appears to be on the increase, but I'm not wishing to cause offence or stir anything up so I'll leave it there.

C

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Is There No End To It?
Hi Ceemac, I think this is what you are getting at:

From Home Office Statistics on Terrorism Arrests and Outcomes Great Britain - 11 September 2001 to 31 March 2008 (http://www.statewatch.org/news/2009/may/uk-ho-terrorism-arrests.pdf)

Religion of Prisoners
The majority (91%) of terrorist prisoners classified themselves as Muslims. For
the 17 domestic extremists/separatists, 3 classified themselves as Church of
England, 3 Buddhist and 8 gave no religion or described themselves as agnostic.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Is There No End To It?
So, what has caused most wars and the biggest death toll down the centuries ?
Can it be that superstition called religion ?

Martyn

Is There No End To It?
The biggest problem(and religious difference) is the fact that people are trying to blow everyone up including themselves!! They're hiding explosives in and on the body etc brings a lot more options. What happened to the good old days with IRA and at least a phone call and self preservation? :evil:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Is There No End To It?
I had a match head detonator go off in my hand once and lost my eyebrows.

Is There No End To It?
Just a hunch, but might not the radicalisation of some moslems have a teeny weeny connection with the fact that we have been bombing the f*** out of them for years? silly idea, i know ...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom