carolmon

Is there a bike shop in Bodrum ?
hi all
over in bodrum for the summer and want to buy a bike (preferably second hand) for getting about the village.

I would prefer a mountain bike or something that would take a bit of bashing about...........

Do any of you know of any bike shops in bodrum (not Metro as it has mostly kids bikes)
or has anybody got a bike for sale????

Carol

Last edited by a moderator:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Hi Carol

I know there is a bicycle shop near the axa oyak office in bodrum its in a back street, drive down near the prison from the main rd and the road bends to the right opposite is a no entry sign go down there and it is somewhere down there or was , my Turkish friend bought a bike from metro that fell apart on his first outing and he took it there to be fixed

martin

pebble

the street where the prison is - has several bike shops. now is a good time to bargain too, as the economy is in the dump, do your research and stay firm on your price.......
good luck

SAMIMI

I was looking at the bicycles yesterday in Migros, here in Turgutreis. Just to give you an idea of prices, the good strong ones which you need for the roads here are priced at 199T.L. Then there are lighter ones priced at 169.TL As the other members have said, try the smaller bike shops in Bodrum and look at all the bikes and you could do a deal.
Be careful when cycling, always watch people walking as they do not always look before stepping out on to the road! Also the road surfaces are uneven due to being dug up and not levelled properly. Get some armbands with lights on them, in case you get
delayed and are travelling home in the late evening. "be safe, be seen".

Last edited:

carolmon

thanks all for the info

i think i;ll have to stick to bodrum area cos think i'd drop of the heat trying to cycle back from turg to bitez!
i'll try the prison area.
carol

Pete&Mag

the street where the prison is - has several bike shops. now is a good time to bargain too, as the economy is in the dump, do your research and stay firm on your price.......
good luck

Hi Pebble. I dont know Bodrum very well but have got a street map. Can you give a general idea of where the Prison is in relation to Oasis or Marina. and a street name . I can find it from that. I too would like tro buy a couple of mountain bikes.
Best wishes Pete

ChrisBobs

Can I answer? If you came by car or dolmus from the Gumbet side, most dolmuses (sp.??!!) go past the BOSIS/HSBC roundabout lights , past the main police station and then turn right at the traffic lights at the bottom of the Marmara hill ( first lights if you come to Bodrum from Torba) . Go down 200m and you go past motorbike/ pump & aircon shop / pet shop and you are at the prison corner. Just before Arcelik.

Guz1

Three-wheeled bikes seem to be all the rage with the middle aged ladies of Guzelcamli. I've been thinking of buying one for myself if they aren't too expensive but I haven't seen them for sale anywhere to check the prices. Can anyone, please, give me a rough idea of how much they cost.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom