Saoirse

Is Russia guilty of a War Crime?
Deliberate bombing of aid convoys hospitals etc should be considered war crimes. Alas war crimes are only committed by others .

In wars war crimes are only considered as such if they are committed by the losing side

Last edited:

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
The word used was deliberate . Which other nations In this Syrian conflict have bombed with deliberate intent Aid medical or hospitals and if so what was the intent and strategy , knowing by doing so world opinion would be against you in doing so.

We know Assad has contempt for world opinion freely using phosphorus , bombs chemical, with no censure . We also know from NGO that Assad bombs hospitals/medical facilities , target doctors so they flee and with the intent to instill terror for his own people under siege to give up. This is deliberate......

Was Russia following Assads strategy ??

Saoirse

The problem is US apologists would tell you the West NEVER DELIBRATELY bombs civilians anywhere - obviously MSF etc would tell you very different- but still the Wests forces sheep like war cheerleaders believe what they are told

Meanwhile in Syria the West arms supports trains and funds some of the most horrific and brutal civilian slaughtering murder gangs on the planet, but of course lets just blame one side.

It's bordering on the ridiculous to highlight possible brutal slaughter by one side whilst supporting groups like Al Nursra etc

Last edited:

Spurs

Spurs
YouTube is full of bombing raids done on towns & cities by ALL forces, please don't anyone tell me that they get the civilians out first.

mollag

Kipper restorer
In war, we have the blind,---- we are saints, all others are sinners, both sides think this, both are right. :noidea:

We normally get these "big horror" stories either to distract from something we have done, or prime the gullible for something we want to do, but know it's wrong.

Last edited:

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
Who is making it one sided ? Condemnation should come down on both sides in this Syrian war , when a war crime is committed .

But what seems to be happening here , just looks like a very easy excuse not to condemn the perpetrator of this atrocity. Assad or Russia .

Using the West because it has allegedly done similar in another thearte of war we don't condemn Assad /Russia for this war crime.

Looks like apologists aren't just wrapped in the red white and blue.

Also people should check who was the first to try and use jahabat Al Nusra the then affiliate of al Qaeda , who allowed it to come into being , by releasing the leader of this group Mohammed al Jolani i in 2011 and facilitated them in setting up brigades along with other extreme Islamists inc the founding members of Daesh in Syria , until they turned on on the person who realeased them Assad .......

No one said civilians don't get killed in a war .

What we are talking about the bombing , killing of hospitals, medikal facilities ,medikal staff,doctors , refugee aid and helpers ,all under the asuppices of the Red Cresent, Red Cross and UN flagged . War Crimes ...

Spurs

Spurs
I would imagine Bal that war crimes are committed in the ME everyday unfortunately. The UK itself has Yemen to answer for yet & its debateable over Blair & Iraq.
Syria is the now, the Wests always pops up months or years later.

mollag

Kipper restorer
I havnt seen one post supporting Assad or Russia, many though supporting the rebels, the rest are just folk forming their own opinions other than allowing the press to form it for them.
No good guys here, not us, them or the rebels.

Saoirse

Bal as ever you have a one sided view.

The bombing of the list of targets you mention by any side is wrong and a crime. That's the point it's wrong when Russia does it, and they do, just as its wrong when the West does it and they do indeed do it too.

To that end trying to highlight atrocities and then apportioning blame to only one side is both ridiculous and frankly grisly sad point scoring.

Spurs

Spurs
I havnt seen one post supporting Assad or Russia, many though supporting the rebels, the rest are just folk forming their own opinions other than allowing the press to form it for them.
No good guys here, not us, them or the rebels.

The West never seems to learn anything about the conflicts in the ME but the "locals" do & they just seem to get better at it.
I've watched a few clips on YouTube covering these rebels & how they fight, they shoot anywhere & everywhere including at themselves..........theyre a bunch of misfits holding back some of the worlds best troops & weaponry.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
Who is making it one sided ? Condemnation should come down on both sides in this Syrian war , when a war crime is committed .

But what seems to be happening here , just looks like a very easy excuse not to condemn the perpetrator of this atrocity. Assad or Russia .

Using the West because it has allegedly done similar in another thearte of war we don't condemn Assad /Russia for this war crime.

Looks like apologists aren't just wrapped in the red white and blue.

Also people should check who was the first to try and use jahabat Al Nusra the then affiliate of al Qaeda , who allowed it to come into being , by releasing the leader of this group Mohammed al Jolani i in 2011 and facilitated them in setting up brigades along with other extreme Islamists inc the founding members of Daesh in Syria , until they turned on on the person who realeased them Assad .......

No one said civilians don't get killed in a war . Russia is at fault in this case.

What we are talking about the bombing , killing of hospitals, medikal facilities ,medikal staff,doctors , refugee aid and helpers ,all under the asuppices of the Red Cresent, Red Cross and UN flagged . War Crimes ...

Bal as ever you have a one sided view.

The bombing of the list of targets you mention by any side is wrong and a crime. That's the point it's wrong when Russia does it, and they do, just as its wrong when the West does it and they do indeed do it too.

To that end trying to highlight atrocities and then apportioning blame to only one side is both ridiculous and frankly grisly sad point scoring.

We agree then if your quote below is true ..

The bombing of the list of targets you mention by any side is wrong and a crime. That's the point it's wrong when Russia does it, and they do, just as its wrong when the West does it and they do indeed do it too

What we disagree on is me highlighting this Russian/Assad Atrocity which you agree is wrong of bombing UN flagged Aid and killing aid workers.

When do you suggest I highlight it ??? or should it not be mentioned ?? . Or do I have to await an equally atrocious Act by the West , so as not to show what you assume is bias ..

You yourself are so equable in your opinions duh.....

Last edited:

Saoirse

I do not see you condemning the West and the US in particular supporting the murderous Al Nursra et al who make up much of the opposition to Assad for their unending slaughter in Syria, not just individual incidents

Perhaps you would like to put that right now and condemn the West for supporting those barbarians?

Spurs

Spurs
That happened last week when coalition forces mistakenly bombed Syrian government troops whilst under a ceasefire, these things happen.

Saoirse

Ah but if the West murders, Bal doesn't notice.

All a bit daft really- only one side to be condemned!!!

I often wonder how the relatives of the 9/11 victims feel when they see the US now count their murderers as good guys

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
I do not see you condemning the West and the US in particular supporting the murderous Al Nursra et al who make up much of the opposition to Assad for their unending slaughter in Syria, not just individual incidents

Perhaps you would like to put that right now and condemn the West for supporting those barbarians?

Yes quite happy to condemn any help given to Al Nusra , who are mainly made up of foreigners . unfortunately the indigenous rebels of the Syrian people is split into so many different factions they don't speak as one .

But of course thier would be no Al Nusra without Assad. Allowing the release of thier leader in 2011 his secret service helped its formation into a brigade to use against his opposition in the people's rising .

Now your turn in condemning the man who has killed more Syrians than anyone in this war even more than the main enemy Daesh ,That is Assad ,and his patron without his help , this murder of his own people couldn't of been possible Putin .He wouldn't even be in power.

Last edited:

Spurs

Spurs
Been stated often enough, no troops from the UK or the US will be put on the ground in Syria (even though we know some are there). The French though might feel they need to & they are more than welcome to it. There's a long way to go on this yet.
Bloody regime changes are just that........bloody.

As for Al Nusra? just a name change required & they become the good guys.

Saoirse

Unlike yourself I condemn all state murder and state sponsored murder wether it be from West or indeed Mr Putin.

You do Bal come across as ridiculous when you only highlight one side in these matters.

Furthermore I don't think you really want to go there when it comes to looking at these things on a global scale as there's no country on this planet anywhere near responsible for as many invasions death and destruction around the globe as your US and its associated leckeys.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom