Somanyquestions

Is it wrong to want internet at this coronavirus time?
Hello,

I would really like to get some internet sorted at my home.

I live up in the mountains near Göcek Fethyie region and have terrible phone signal. Sometimes I get edge data. But not anywhere near enough to do a video call. It would be really nice to video call my mum and dad back in the Uk and they would love to see their grandson. Just really want to keep in touch with everyone at the moment.

Does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

I am a UK citizen, have no residency and a Uk bank account.

I would be willing to pay a year up front and leave the house whilst it was being installed!

Any help appreciated.

Thank you :)

evo80

Funny you should just post this ,as just finished watching a TV prog about a First Nation indigenous Indian community in Canada called Maskwacis,who had no internet .One of the young Indian guys set up a donation system and bought all the equipment and set it up as a free wi fi internet system for 4000 people .Interesting as they had a lot of crime from bored youngsters plus booze probs and it seemed to bring the figures right down .
But obviously sounds like you need a similar wi fi system .Good luck .

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I don't think it possible to get internet (Even with a VINN) here in Turkey without residency. You may be able to get it in someone else's name.

evo80

I don't think it possible to get internet (Even with a VINN) here in Turkey without residency. You may be able to get it in someone else's name.

Yes I think you now need a kimlik Num ( foreignours i d num)
I have a spare Vinn .But am in UK.
In any case using a wi fi vinn is expensive if you want to watch TV through it or download through it .Ok for e mail /surfing and say Whatsapp calls ( not video calls or it will soon eat up the data )

Last edited:

Somanyquestions

Expensive = sad face :(

No unlimited data options like in the uk then.

I will have enquire. Or get a friend to enquire...

esb1841

have you asked your neigbours what they use for internet access and do you have a landline phone line

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Normally there is a distance cap. In our case 20km line of sight (even though it was across a lake) was too far. In a mountainous region it may not be possible.

shash

shash
What about satellite internet. I believe it's used in the hebrides but know nothing about it. Someone on here will know.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom