CHRIS BULLOCK

IS IT WORTH BRINGING OWN WHITE GOODS AND TVs ETC TO TURKEY/AKBUK??>
hello, I`m Chris And Me And My Better Half Have A Place In Akbuk,up On The Asli 85 Koop Site, Across The Road From The Supermarket Near The Island, Quandry, :) Do We Bring Our White Goods Etc Or Sell Off Over Here, For A Pittance, Getting Some Quotes Together And See What Happens, Would Appricate Some Advice, We Were Over There In May, Spent A Great Night In I Think It Was The Jockey Club?? I Do Know The Owner Was A Brit And It Was His Birthday Do That Night.​

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Hi and welcome Chris,

I would buy locally rather than have all the hassle of shipping your goods over. You can price things up for white goods on the Arcelik website, you can download english instructions for them to.

mavi

hi chris
regarding ur white goods and stuff, u need to pay tax on them bringing them in (ur allowed one electrical item, and any others taxed at 18% of what the guy on the day thinks they are worth..)

heres a link to a turkish elec site that might help u do some research

http://www.arcelik.com.tr/Cultures/en-US/?Language=en-US

cheers

GarryP

Hi Chris, we have a place in the neighbouring Eclipse Dolunay Complex, so we are fellow neighbours as it were. My wife's sister (turkish) owns a place also in your Asli 85 Complex. The houses are really great, but a bit of a hike to some of the higher houses. I hear you are having a pool built on the site sometime,is that correct.
Anyhow, as v6cod stated, probably too much hassle bringing goods over from Turkey.

Send me a PM or email sometime and we can discuss our respective sites, I would be interested to hear how much you paid for your villa. I believe there are 6 or 7 other UK couples owning houses in your complex.

mavi

v6cod said:
Hi and welcome Chris,

I would buy locally rather than have all the hassle of shipping your goods over. You can price things up for white goods on the Arcelik website, you can download english instructions for them to.

SNAP!!

Hello Chris
Think the bar you mean is Jokers Bar and the owner is called Big Dave..

Last edited:
Chris..is your site anywhere near the "Kumkent" site in Akbuk where we are situated?
By the way, we bought most of our stuff in Didim.
Mel and Anne.
(Beachhhhhhh)

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
If they are in good condition, and you are shipping goods anyway, bring them. Most of the main brands are common here so repairs should not be a problem. As you say, you have already paid for them, so why pay twice.
The import duty is not huge in comparrison to the cost of new goods. Bandrol tax is repaid to you after 5 years - (it is to discourage you bringing things in to sell) - if you still own the goods.
Tumble driers are cheap in UK but very expensive here (last time I looked).
If you plan to travel light and don't want to ship large loads, then it does not make sense to bring white goods for the sake of it, but if you have a container, the extra cost will be minimal as you are charged mainly on volume.

Ian

Last edited:

starman

Bandrola is only charged on items that send and recieve radio/TV waves. Other electricals are taxed along with other household goods. usually 18% of the value customs deems it is worth (they do take into account age, wear and tear etc).
Remember to get your residence permit first before sending the items. You will not be able to clear a container of household goods through customs without one.
As immac says, if you are shipping a load of stuff anyway then it would be cheaper to bring them rather then buy brand new here.

Pennie

Rachels100 said:
Hello Chris
Think the bar you mean is Jokers Bar and the owner is called Big Dave..

ROFLMTO thats the first time I've ever heard Dave referred to as Big Dave. His nickname locally is Smurfie Dave and he's a good friend.

Oh by the way Chris, I was there that night as well, and yes it was a good night. I was the one that did Big Spender..........................

Catch you when you're over

Pennie xx

Hello Penny
I was there when they had a charity night in July( for a man who had a heart operation) and when they opened the bar up in April. I do not know where I got big dave from,lol. I thought I heard people calling him that. I love the location of Jokers Bar. So relaxing..

Aunty

Hi Chris, I was at jokers` that night too. Were you one of the girls in fancy dress?

Pennie

starman said:
kinda gone off topic a little?

Opps, sorry Starman, but it's a nice chatty off topic not a bitchy one.
Just catching up with new neighbours............... :focus:

CHRIS BULLOCK

Well, Thank`s You Lot , Some Great Reply`s To My Question, Yes Garryp, Hopefully We Are Having A Pool Soon, These Ko-op`s Move Very Slowly, My Villa Was A Good Price, Approx £30,000 With 200sq Mt`s Of Free Land In With The Deal. No Penny I Missed Your Showstopper, And Aunty I Did See The Fancy Dress Gang Particularly The Spanish Lady Who Was Falling Out Of Her Dress, I Forgot To Point Her Out To June (my Beloved). Thanks To All Of You , See You Soon.

margaret

Hello and welcome Chris and your better half to the Forum. :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom