ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Is Bureaucracy Lessening In Turkey?
Article from an ex-pat newspaper columnist who reckons the red tape is getting less all the time.

'I have just renewed my residence permit, a yearly ritual that I rarely look forward to.

A couple of decades ago, the application was a bureaucratic nightmare, the price one had to pay in order to live in Turkey.'

Here

C

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
A couple of decades ago, the application was a bureaucratic nightmare, the price one had to pay in order to live in Turkey.

Now look at the real price ! I guess she must have written the article before the price hike.

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
This year we have had to renew our contract with a Turkish service provider. After much toing and froing I was emailed a contract. It hat to be signed, along with copies of my passport and house title deed. Then I was told that signing the contract was not enough, I had to send a 'signature statement', which had to be issued by a noter (Imza Beyannamesi). FFS. Off I toddled to said noter. They asked for ID, so I offered RP, no they wanted passport. I gave my passport, they wanted translated and noterised copy of passport. FFS. I had one at home 50km away. We returned the next day, 145TL. We normally only visit town (small smoke 25km, big smoke 50km) about every 10 days. What a palaver, where is that Efes?

Last edited:

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
This year we have had to renew our contract with a Turkish service provider. After much toing and froing I was emailed a contract. It hat to be signed, along with copies of my passport and house title deed. Then I was told that signing the contract was not enough, I had to send a 'signature statement', which had to be issued by a noter (Imza Beyannamesi). FFS. Off I toddled to said noter. They asked for ID, so I offered RP, no they wanted passport. I gave my passport, they wanted translated and noterised copy of passport. FFS. I had one at home 50km away. We returned the next day, 145TL. We normally only visit town (small smoke 25km, big smoke 50km) about every 10 days. What a palaver, where is that Efes?
Every thing now wants the passport translated now, just another tax us. Like the Emlak valuation its only done for us foreigners to get more money out of us.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Every thing now wants the passport translated now, just another tax us. Like the Emlak valuation its only done for us foreigners to get more money out of us.
They got nowt more from me. They had translated and noterised it back in 2013

Latest Posts

Top Bottom