ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Irish Men Descended From Turkish Farmers Claim!
A new study has revealed that many Irish men may be able to trace their roots back to Turkey. Focusing on the role of the Y chromosome, which is passed from father to son, the research indicates Turkish farmers arrived in Ireland about 6,000 years ago, bringing agriculture with them.

Here

C

Saoirse

excellent stuff!

Knew the Turks had a soft spot for us!

Guz1

I remember reading a long time ago something about the Celts having originated near Ankara. (Think it was in a book that I keep in the Turkish house). One of our elderly Turkish neighbours is from Ankara and he would easily pass for an Irishman.

No wonder we like the Turks - it's our national vanity.

pembelu

so whats a typical irishman look like? my nans side originate from ireland and im always being told i look Turkish or medeteranian at least...and that was before i moved here..but nan claims the looks are from my (so called gypsy) grandad who simply says he doesnt know who his parents are ....uhm...
i have always wondered why the hell my family sooo dont look anglo saxon..
come to think of it need a remind what the hell thats like anyway...
us lovely humans been mixing for sooo long who can tell anymore hey!

barry budd

QPR MAN
i once posted a thread ,asking if anyone new why irish friends of mine in the sixties
were known as turks one we called jim the turk
nobody could give me an answer, perhaps this is were it came from.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Its the Turkish thing thats the snag.
It has been long known that Ireland, the IOM and the South of England had firm trading/cultural links with the Phonecian/Carthaginians who were basically of the mix of Meditteranian -Hellenic peoples, later known as Byzantine.
The "Turkic tribes" however were from the asiatic regions, they really are recent arrivals to the Med, say 600 years ago---well different.

There's a similar story going round Sweden that its menfolk are descended from the defeated Trojans, who spread far and wide. The interesting bit is that there is evidence of the arrival of a new and more advanced culture in Sweden some 4000 yrs BC. We call them the Boat Axe people, because of their boat shaped axes obviously. Apparently they soon conquered all of Sweden due to their superior weaponry. :388dd:

mollag

Kipper restorer
There's a similar story going round Sweden that its menfolk are descended from the defeated Trojans, who spread far and wide. The interesting bit is that there is evidence of the arrival of a new and more advanced culture in Sweden some 4000 yrs BC. We call them the Boat Axe people, because of their boat shaped axes obviously. Apparently they soon conquered all of Sweden due to their superior weaponry. :388dd:

Well if its true then they got their own back returning as The Varangians and ended up controling the Byzantine Empire. [ those original Goths got about!]

I've heard it's the other way ... post-diluvian survivors in Ireland were the anscestors of the middle-eastern civilisations (Sumerian, Egyptian and those that follow) ... many archaelogical sites in Ireland pre-date Egypt, but share strong similarities. Perhaps the Boat Axe people were the Phonecians, who resseded Northern Europe when the Sumerian / Egyptian dynasties spread westward during pre-Christian times ...

I don't think we can say 'Turkish' farmers though, as, chromosome-speaking, what's a Turk? There's such a diversity of peoples interbred here ... 6000 years ago sounds about right, though, but I'd say they came FROM Ireland TO Ankara.

But I'm a contradictory bugger.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Well u cant do it now without an Ikamet!:slapme:

PS Surely the President of the Ukraine is Irish? Tim O'Shenko, got to be a culshey?

Last edited:
Perhaps the fact that Swedes need no visa to Turkey is in acknowledgement of our descent from Turkey, or was it perhaps Ireland. Boat axes popular there some 6000 years ago, Neil?

Mollag, the Goths migrated from Sweden in the early 3rd century and took their fair share of the Roman Empire. The Varangians, aka the Rus, followed through some 500 years later and founded the Russian Empire, in the process wiping out the vast Khazarian (Jewish) Empire. These were tough guys apparently.:24:

mollag

Kipper restorer
One of the top Varangians escaped from Constantinople back to Norway? and from there invaded England .
He was Harald Hadrada and was defeated and killed at Stamford Bridge.
Had he not invaded then Harold Godwinson most likely defeated the Normans a week or so later, and life would be very different today!
English history shaped by events in Constantinople!

Saoirse

Perhaps the fact that Swedes need no visa to Turkey is in acknowledgement of our descent from Turkey, or was it perhaps Ireland. Boat axes popular there some 6000 years ago, Neil?

Mollag, the Goths migrated from Sweden in the early 3rd century and took their fair share of the Roman Empire. The Varangians, aka the Rus, followed through some 500 years later and founded the Russian Empire, in the process wiping out the vast Khazarian (Jewish) Empire. These were tough guys apparently.:24:

:croc:

goran can you answer me 2 quick questions re Sweden

Is EVERY woman in Sweden gorgeous?

and what is it like to be a countryman of God ie Henrik Larrsson

SAMIMI

Growing up I always felt I was living in the wrong country, so now I'm eventually home!

Yep History has its funny twists and turns. You know Mollag the Norwegians came into their own anyway through William the Bastard (Conqueror) and his Normands,(from Norman= Norwegian). Norwegian Vikings had conquered Normandy a hundred years prior to the conquest of England, and had their descendants tried to overrun England 50 years earlier the English might have spoken Norwegian today.:bump2:

nomaderol

Its the Turkish thing thats the snag.
It has been long known that Ireland, the IOM and the South of England had firm trading/cultural links with the Phonecian/Carthaginians who were basically of the mix of Meditteranian -Hellenic peoples, later known as Byzantine.
The "Turkic tribes" however were from the asiatic regions, they really are recent arrivals to the Med, say 600 years ago---well different.

Anatolia were always been a land for different civilizations, none invaded all anatolia before. It was always mixed of folks... Year 1071. This is first time Anatolia was totally invaded by Turks, by armies. This is another story. Actually, Turks had moved to Anatolia as nomadic tribes long time ago before 1071, unknown since when.. (btw, for example, our village here is settled Turkish village older than 1071.)

There is a famous theory that says Turks too (as well as Armenians, Greeks, etc) lived in Anatolia for 7000-8000 years. For ex, Hittites were claimed to be as Turks. There are other findings such as kilim motifs on stones of Catalhoyuk, oldest city in the world, near Cumra, Konya. There are some articles especially famous among rug/kilim collectors about this as they connect their antique kilims accordingly to those stone kilim motifs found in Catalhoyuk. It is commonly accepted that kilim is an ancient Turkic product especially its geometric style unlike floral style of Persians. There are some stones all over Turkey with Orkhun alphabet (old turkic alphabet). Its resemble to Runic alphabet found in scandanivian lands is superficial. Orkhon alphabet - Due to this very similarity, it is claimed that there are some connections with there and Anatolia Turks. Runics writings too found here in Anatolia and Euroasia lands. If you search Orkhon and Runik together on google, you will see many pages.
One of very important historicans who know many languages including ancient languages and best expert on such things is interesting man Kazim Mirsan [ame=http://www.historum.com/showthread.php?t=4846]Historican Prof Dr Kazim Mirsan thesis - Historum - History Forums[/ame]

So, this theory about Irish men must be related to this theory above. However, why did you go to those cold lands like Ireland? Girls beautiful there?:)

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcnbfwghiaE]YouTube - The Irish Origins of Civilisation pt.1[/ame]

Philip!

Nine out of ten Swedish women are drop dead gorgeous! Ten out of nine are wolves in sheeps clothing though, as they are sharp as razors.

Speaking to anyone who loves Larsson makes me happy to be his compatriot. I'm also proud to be the countryman of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, perhaps the greatest Swedish player ever.:100pd:

Saoirse

Beautiful country, gorgeous women and Henrik!

You have it all!

ps my rabbit is called Henrik in honour of Mr Larsson!

Last edited:

lewknor

lewknor
So when do we see some Bushmill's Raki or Paddy McRaki then? Can't wait cos it should do the trick ! Now there is the craic !

Latest Posts

Top Bottom