chelsea

Ireland to Bodrum
Does anybody know of an airline that flies from Dublin to bodrum, my daughter is wanting to join us in didim next year,, she is not far from Dublin or Galway airports. She would rather fly from Ireland save messing about and flying to UK first as we will already be in turkey when she is wishing to travel.....

She can find flights from Belfast but that is to far from where she lives....

Any info greatly appreciated.....

regards

Ireland to Bodrum
Does anybody know of an airline that flies from Dublin to bodrum, my daughter is wanting to join us in didim next year,, she is not far from Dublin or Galway airports. She would rather fly from Ireland save messing about and flying to UK first as we will already be in turkey when she is wishing to travel.....

regards

hi,
yes turkish airlines do all year round flights from dudlin to bodrum via istanbul. she will have 1 hour 35 mins to get from the international arrivals to the domestic departures. enough time as long as she doesnt delay. the only problem is the layover on the way back. that can vary from ten to 23 hours. our solution was to take the flight with the longest layover and stay over at the WOW airport hotel. this will give her a full day of sightseeing in istanbul.
there are cheaper hotels available but we found that this one was closest one to the airport. and very reasable (superior room 79euro on-line)
should she decide on this option, my asvise would be to check in her luggage in dublin straight through to bodrum and also ask for her boarding cards for the connecting flight. on her return do the same and just carry an overnight bag for her stay in istanbul.
like you i have tried other ways to get to bodrum from dublin and have found the changing of flights in britian and turkey is just not worth the bother.
best of kuck.

Ireland to Bodrum
hi again,
if your daughter is flying during the summer season she can book flight only with any of the tour companies, Panorama etc.
we have just bough an apartment in the Lifestyle Residece in Didim. where are you and what part of the Emerald isle are you from?

bebs

Ireland to Bodrum

regards
No problems flights start May 1st flights with travel agents Sunworld and Sunway Dublin to Bodrum or Izmir .We bought in Didim last year too ,where are you situated -Bebs

alison09400

Ireland to Bodrum
hi,
the only problem is the layover on the way back. that can vary from ten to 23 hours. our solution was to take the flight with the longest layover and stay over at the WOW airport hotel. this will give her a full day of sightseeing in istanbul.

The way to get round that is to fly to Izmir....there's not much extra to Altinkum than from Bodrum airport is there? Flying from Izmir, there's a flight every hour up to Istanbul all through the year so you've only got to wait a few hours to get your connecting flight to Dublin. Saves the money on a hotel for the night.

SAMIMI

Ireland to Bodrum
Hi Chelsea,
Sunworld is the only flight company going directly from Dublin to Bodrum. They travel from May until October.
We have tried different routes but the one we now use is Ryanair to Stansted and Pegasus Airlines to Istanbul and on to Bodrum. It all depends on the amount of time you are prepared to spend in the airports.
If you only have a 2 week holiday then it is better to travel in the high season and take the direct rout from Dublin to Bodrum.
If on the other hand you will be there for several months and want to do an economical trip, via the UK is the way to go. Stansted is a nice cosy and people friendly airport. There is a TV in the waiting area and some nice restaurants. Time goes faster than what you might think!

alison09400

Ireland to Bodrum
Samimi, wouldn't THY from Dublin-Istanbul-bodrum (or izmir) not work out cheaper...also one plane less ;)

Don't forget everyone....the new Belfast-Izmir direct flights starting 5th June until the end of October with flythomascook.com :cheer2:

chelsea

Ireland to Bodrum
Hi everybody,

Thanks for all your replies and have passed over to my daughter about sunworld and sunway, also some others that have been recommended...

I would imagine now she should find something....

thanks again

SAMIMI

Ireland to Bodrum
Hi Alison,
Yes, THY (Turkish airlines) are very good too. Also Thomas Cook, we have used both of these airlines in the past.
I find you have to check all of them as the flight prices change at different times. It also depends on where in Ireland you are coming from. Sometimes a train and bus journey to Dublin can be more expensive than the flight over to the UK and fours hours on a bus before you even begin the flight to Turkey can exhaust your energy before you start!
Thanks for letting us know about the new summer flights.

SAMIMI

Ireland to Bodrum
Sun Express is a good airline but they do not go to Bodrum in winter. They go to Izmir and you can get a havas bus to the otogar and then a two and a half hour coach to Bodrum.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom