Saoirse

ipod Touch
I would LOVE one of these (I think)

Can any of you lot who are a lot more techno aware than me tell me are they difficult to operate etc?

tjd

ipod Touch
Dead easy! You can operate a computer, you can certainly operate one of those Ipod things.

As usual, there's loads of help on the 'net.

Last edited:

Saoirse

ipod Touch
what I was particularly intrested in this one was apparently you can actually download music without using a computer??

tjd

ipod Touch
Well it has a wifi adapter built in but I don't know if you can download straight to the device. I'll ask my 20 year old later when he gets in and see if you can avoid using i-tunes.

aitchij

aitch
ipod Touch
Checked with Charlotte my 16 year old who is getting one for her christmas and you can download from itunes, as the ipod is wifi without pc.

Saoirse

ipod Touch
what does that app do?

does the normal wifi indicator not notify you of available wifi?

(apologies in advance-bit of a tecnophobe!)

ipod Touch
easy to use but a bit big for carrying around, so i don't really use mine much, never did. can do lots with it, tho. you'd be better off with an i-phone anyway, because .. it's a phone.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
ipod Touch
Yes Philip it does. I wouldnt go to turkey without my touch. They are brilliant for music, you can load a feature film on it to watch while airborne, browse the net, and set up your e mail account on it to recieve e mails while abroad.

Last summer I was on a sunbed on the beach literally 6 feet from the lapping med, and still surfing the net courtesy of the beach restaurants free wifi :)

I personally would'nt use an iphone because I prefer a small handset.

Buy one, you wont regret it.

Last edited:

Saoirse

ipod Touch
sounds amazing stuff

Is the itunes store the best place to buy music?

are there no good ones with monthly subscription rather than pay per track?

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
ipod Touch
I have never bought music from the store, I just upload all my own mp3's.
But music is just one option, there are tons of free podcasts too which are also great to listen to.

ipod Touch
Hi Philip.
My daughter and I have each got the older Ipod Nano which just plays music without a video screen or the rest.
Not as sophisticated as Pete,s new one but, as he says ,brilliant for music on planes or at the gym etc.
We downloaded most of our music CD ,s onto our computer into I-Tunes and then onto the I-Pods via the USB cable. Takes up less space than having loads of cd,s kicking about.
We also bought a docking station with speakers for them and you can just plug the IPods into it and listen to your songs in the lounge or wherever.
The old stereo systems went in the rubbish and you really save so much space.

I-Tunes is free to download and when you plug your I-Pod into the computer it connects to that programme automatically.
We havent bought new stuff yet but just used our existing music like Pete has.
You definitely wont regret it and the damn thing plugged in with your headphones on takes years off you Lol.
Ask Father Xmas for one!!
I think the basic model is £115 at present but there are so many types.

Last edited:

catweazle

ipod Touch
what does that app do?

does the normal wifi indicator not notify you of available wifi?

(apologies in advance-bit of a tecnophobe!)

its just a little better than the wifi software on it, you can set it to conect to open networks automaticly and you cand bring up a little radar screen showing the best ones

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
ipod Touch
I would LOVE one of these (I think)

Can any of you lot who are a lot more techno aware than me tell me are they difficult to operate etc?

they r hot, sexy, cool and useful! get one!.... so easy to use and very satisfying and somewhat therapeutic!... not to mention all those amazing applications u can add! alot of them being free too!... GET IT!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom