Bibby

Ferretbrain
Ipi Tombi
Long shot, but I am hoping on of you good people will be able to help. I had Ipi Tombi as Vinyl, and using jiggery-pokery, managed to make a recording on to my computer. Which is great :)

What I always regretted was that I missed seeing it when it was on stage in London. Does anyone know if it is available on DVD? As I say, long shot.....:angel:

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Ipi Tombi
Me too. It's very frustrating because there are sites that say they have DVD, but then when I look I can't find anything other than the soundtrack.

jcrian

Ipi Tombi
Long shot, but I am hoping on of you good people will be able to help. I had Ipi Tombi as Vinyl, and using jiggery-pokery, managed to make a recording on to my computer. Which is great :)

What I always regretted was that I missed seeing it when it was on stage in London. Does anyone know if it is available on DVD? As I say, long shot.....:angel:

You might find it on Amazon. VHS can also be put onto a DVD

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Ipi-Ntombi-African-Dance-Celebration/dp/078062128X]Amazon.com: Ipi Ntombi: An African Dance Celebration [VHS]: Ipi Ntombi: Video[/ame]

Last edited:

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Ipi Tombi
I have been searching the net for a while. Its enough to cause brain damage, honestly. If I do a Google search of "Ipi Tombi" DVD or "Ipi Ntombi" DVD, so many sites say they have DVD and when I click on them they b well haven't!!!!

Wayback in the '80's I heard this track on Desert Island Discs. I was unable to get the sound out of my head, I loved it. It took me about 5 years to get the album. I found it in HMV Oxford Street. A few years ago I mentioned it to a friend of mine who comes from Africa and he told me he saw it performed in Africa when he was little. I made him a recording of mine and he had tears in his eyes when I gave it to him. He said he would take great pleasure in listening to it with his brother.

YouTube - Ipi Ntombi - Shosholoza

My sons grew up to this (and other) music, it's in them somewhere and I am proud of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Ipi Tombi
Bibby - you brought back sooo many memories for me mentioning İpi Tombi - İ too was hooked on it - İ lived in South Africa for a year many moons ago and saw it performed in Johannesburg - approximately 1978 - İ did buy the 7 inch vinyl but that has long gone - now available on Ebay though for under a fiver -

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Ipi Tombi
OOOOH you're SO lucky!!! That must have been when Ade saw it!! Oh how I wish I had seen it. I am lucky I have the album but I wish I could have a dvd of the original stage production.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom