rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
iPhone and Turkcell Charges
I wonder if any of you wonderful techy people can answer a question.

I have an iPhone bought in Turkey with a Turkcell Simcard, does anyone know why Turkcell seem to take 2 Kontors or so off when I use my Skype with the iPhone over my own wifi network. Also when I using Stanza (free book reading software) and it also seems to take some off randomly when not using the phone at all.

Seems to take at least 2 kontors a day for absolutely nothing. Is there a setting I need to change, 3G is turned off and can't see anything that should cause this.

Don't see why Turkcell should benefit when I am not using their network.

Any advice gratefully received.

:slapme:

M

Mack

Ive never used the iphone, (dunno wot all the fuss is, my Windows PDAPhone has been doing all the iphone stuff and more for years, but I digress) could there be an application checking email automatically or an app looking for updates automatically maybe? Just a thought as it sounds like somethings connecting then logging off regularly.

Maybe try disabling your internet connection from the phone altogether and see if the Kontors still come off?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Have you at some time had a text message from a service called Flycell? There seems to be a lot of problems with this company charging Turkcell customers for a service that they haven't agreed to.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Yes, I do get text messages from Flycell, don't know why, as far as I know I have never even heard of them or been onto their site. I will go onto their site now though and see if I can tell them not to send me anymore, it will probably be in Turkish though, so not much hope. If you have any ideas how to stop this I would appreciate it.

Roaming is not enabled so it is not that.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom