KB100

Introduction
Hi all

just wanted to introduce myself we are at the very beginning of this process so just taking time to learn and understand all the pros and cons really

looking to move to the Alanya side partly for the slightly better winter weather and also for continuous work at Antalya opportunities

We are a youngish couple 40’s and 50 who would like to sell a property in the UK and live in Turkey with a view to renting our own UK home to begin with

Ideally the Turkish property will be over the $250,000 so we can apply for citizenship

can anyone advise on any tips for starting this process I’ve seen quite a few I’m interested in so was going to contact relevant estate agents and spend time over here when we can

I’d also like to do some kind of work as I’m still relatively young.. my cv is varied but I’m currently in sales and I have experience of working for Tui in Cyprus albeit many years ago

am I correct in saying if you have citizenship you don’t need a work permit?

Thank you

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Introduction
Welome to the forum. Yes, as a Turkish citizen you will be allowed to work, but it is difficult to earn good money here. The average Turkish wage is very low.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Introduction
Welcome. What ever you do, retain a property in the U.K. even a small bedsit, so that you have an address in the U.K. You never know what the future may bring. Good luck anyway. Hilary.
Hils.
I was reading yesterday, and I know it won't affect most of you as you are exempt by dates, but if a UK national moves out of the UK after the date when Brexit happened and later returns to the UK, NHS treatment is not freely available.

enoch

Introduction
Hils.
I was reading yesterday, and I know it won't affect most of you as you are exempt by dates, but if a UK national moves out of the UK after the date when Brexit happened and later returns to the UK, NHS treatment is not freely available.
I thought you never did unless you were retired?, What they going to do let you die? Unless you throw your passport away.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Introduction
I thought you never did unless you were retired?, What they going to do let you die? Unless you throw your passport away.
There are fair few changes being considered in the UK just now. The NHS is one, the state pension the other. I would certainly suggest that with no predictions to the future it is best to keep one foot in each camp if buying abroad just now.

KB100

Introduction
Welome to the forum. Yes, as a Turkish citizen you will be allowed to work, but it is difficult to earn good money here. The average Turkish wage is very low.
Thank you for this, it was more about keeping my hand in doing something!! so that’s good advice thank you as I wasn’t sure how it worked with permits

does anyone on here work for jet2 or tui that you could put me in touch with I will also look to put a post out?
Appreciate the reply

Latest Posts

Top Bottom