Moggycat

Introduction
Hi all,
I joined TLF a couple of weeks ago and so far have just been reading through interesting info, so thought I would introduce myself a bit.
We bought our house here in the Bodrum area about 18 years ago, not so many dodgy builders around then and certainly no Estate Agents, ( no decent shops or piped water either ) after reading all the horror stories, we consider ourselves very lucky, we are well accepted by all our Turkish neighbours and have many friends here both Turkish and English. We come and go as we please, spending roughly 3 months here then 3 months at home in Gloucestershire.
I am a retired Nurse and my Husband is retired Engineer, we have many interests but here mainly to enjoy the Country and all it has to offer.
Thanks everyone for all the useful info and Thanks Sue ( Yalikavak Lady ) for telling us about TLF. Margaret & Pete

Martyn

Introduction
Welcome to the forum Margaret & Pete. Nice to have some more experiences to share on here.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Introduction
Hi Margaret & Pete, welcome to TLF, sure you'll have lots of fun on here too, hope you'll share some of your experiences having spent 18 years in the Bodrum Peninsula. (It was Sue at Morgul Antik who also told me about TLF).

Lesley

Bill & Linda

Senior Members
Introduction
Hi all,
I joined TLF a couple of weeks ago and so far have just been reading through interesting info, so thought I would introduce myself a bit.
We bought our house here in the Bodrum area about 18 years ago, not so many dodgy builders around then and certainly no Estate Agents, ( no decent shops or piped water either ) after reading all the horror stories, we consider ourselves very lucky, we are well accepted by all our Turkish neighbours and have many friends here both Turkish and English. We come and go as we please, spending roughly 3 months here then 3 months at home in Gloucestershire.
I am a retired Nurse and my Husband is retired Engineer, we have many interests but here mainly to enjoy the Country and all it has to offer.
Thanks everyone for all the useful info and Thanks Sue ( Yalikavak Lady ) for telling us about TLF. Margaret & Pete

Welcome to the forum, i bet you have seen some changes in 18 years!! what are the best improvements? we have seen some amazing improvements in the 4 years in Altinkum so in 18 years you must have seen huge changes.

lesleykay

Introduction
Hi and Welcome.

My 2nd visit to Turkey was to Bodrum 24 years ago (the first being in the North)...I'm sure you will appreciate how the place has changed over these years. Glad to see that my old favourite resturant Gemibasi is still there. What was your favourite resturant all those years ago and is it still there?

Do you remember the dolphins that used to be in Bodrum along by the castle?

Lesley

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Introduction
Hello Margaret and Pete, nice to "meet" you, welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to your posts, you must have lots of stories to tell us newbies.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Introduction
A big welcome to you both - TLF is VERY time consuming - you will be able to blame me for all the hours you while away on the pc !![/:3:]

RichnKim

We've Made It!
Introduction
Hi Moggycat,

Welcome to this Informative Forum!

Sure you will love reading and contributing on it.

Richnkim

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Introduction
Hi Margaret & Pete - what took you so long?! Seriously, after 18 years you must have a wealth of information to pass on - look forward to hearing your experiences. 3 months on and 3 months off sounds very nice.
Regards Carol x

Latest Posts

Top Bottom