The Chippy

The Chippy
intro
Long overdue introduction to the forum but finally got some time to sit down. My wife Drita, who is Turkish and I have completed our first season on the 2nd beach and would like to thank all who have frequented 'The Chippy'
Born in Perth, Scotland more years than I care to remember, I came to Turkey to stay perhaps 6 months - it's now been almost 6 years, and consider this part of the world as home. Thanks to Steve, for not only introducing us to the forum, but for keeping us going in white pudding.
Neil & Drita McIntyre

de1amo

intro
i only came for 6 months 6 years ago! a strange draw these turkish ladies!

welcome--i have often thought fish and chips would work in ─░zmir. Turkish people like fish and chips when they taste them on holidays!

intro
Long overdue introduction to the forum but finally got some time to sit down. My wife Drita, who is Turkish and I have completed our first season on the 2nd beach and would like to thank all who have frequented 'The Chippy'
Born in Perth, Scotland more years than I care to remember, I came to Turkey to stay perhaps 6 months - it's now been almost 6 years, and consider this part of the world as home. Thanks to Steve, for not only introducing us to the forum, but for keeping us going in white pudding.
Neil & Drita McIntyre

Hi Chippy,

Get over to Didim a few times from Yalikavak, what fish are you selling ?
can you get Cod and Haddock and maybe some battered mars bars and the odd haggis if so, we will pop in and seeya, oh and some mushy peas and a few smokeys.

de1amo

intro
i would be curious to know what fish is used? my wife might serve me up a portion!--she is Turkish but cooks all my favourites by request.--she is good at chutney and does a mean chcken tikka. The last roast she did me was a bit of a failure on the gravvy side if any women have advice?

Last edited:

scotssteve

intro
Don't forget Drita's very tasty Strawberry Jam - but maybe thats finished Neil?

Welcome to you both, I know how busy you've been

regards

Duke

intro
Hi Neil Karen & I along with a couple of friends came to yours & wasnt very impressed Sorry but the fish was watery inside the batter & portions quite small... However you & your lady wife were very hospitable & the season has been very disheartening this year with low numbers... I was in catering & like Steve in the Licensed trade also... I would offer Dutch Croquettes filled with meat & potato etc .. Also Savaloys or Dutch Frikadellen .. Oh I know these are difficult to get BUT you have a Long quiet Winter to source & find recipes you can then manufacture & freeze ready for next season!! I mention these items as whats needed in Altinkum is diversity & variety Everyone seems to copy what the next is doing Duh???? However I will say your service & quality is far better than Harry Ramasden's Copy Cat place around the corner from you & if we lived on 2 beach we WOULD use your Chippy .... Because I would order in advance so the fish was properly defrosted & would then be Crispy Batter outside & Flaky white Fish inside!! I hope your not offended But I mean this in a constructive way & wish you every success next & many seasons to come....
Duke

Last edited:

de1amo

intro
-->: intro

i do wish i could pop out to The Chippy! sometimes you can have to much of the 'turkish chow' and hit the chips!

its risotto tonight--but my wife will insist on using my wine on it!

de1amo

intro

izmir with 3 million inhabitants doesnt have a chippy so unless a brit opens one in kusadasi no one will!

Duke

intro
OooooooH sorry Neil I forgot Welcome to the Forum!!! My mind was elsewhere hope you get lots of usage & info plus feed back from here
Duke

ted j

intro
Hi and welcome to the forum.
We had some of your fish and chips in July and were very impressed, we were in the english bar and one of the waiters said he would go and get us a takeaway from your place as we were watching the karaoke there .
Ted

de1amo

intro
-->: Re: intro

Hi and welcome to the forum.
We had some of your fish and chips in July and were very impressed, we were in the english bar and one of the waiters said he would go and get us a takeaway from your place as we were watching the karaoke there .
Ted

that ecapulates all the reasons i love Turkey--friendly service and a willingness to 'keep the customer happy'

delal

intro
Hi Neil

When you say second beach which one do you mean? I'm not sure if I saw the chippy.. I take it you're closed for the season now? I was in Didim for 3 months this summer and didn't have fish and chips once, to my dismay, as it's one thing you can't get here in Istanbul.

Drita is an unusual name, which part of Turkey does your wife come from?

de1amo

intro

what are you saying Delal -you spent three months in a resort that is British without savouring fish and chips? i sense this site must have a directory to point out member's businesses!

delal

intro
Re: -->: intro

Ah wait no I did have fish and chips but just on our complex, almost every Friday. Just never went out for them...there's nothing like hot fish and chips on the beach!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom