mangrego

internet
Hi

Anyone know what the internet in Altinkums like. we will be moving out in September to live but are desperate to have the internet, i know we have to get a phone line sorted but is the net wireless or dialup? i need a secure connection as i will need to access bank accounts, all help would be appreciated

many thanks
:splat:

manic23

internet
Hi Mangrego, I find the internet ok in Altinkum, I have an adsl broadband connection that comes with a wireless router, but I have since changed the router for a better one. It is connected through you phone line, the same as England, unless you have cable i.e Virgin Media like I have in England. The cost is a bit higher than in the UK, a speed of 1mb cost me 46 lira a month (unlimited downloads), compared to 10mb from Virgin for about £18 a month.
I use my connection in Turkey for my Slingbox to stream my cable tv to my laptop, and it is very good, a bit fuzzy sometimes (during peek times) but good enough for my needs.
You can get faster speeds but cost more, and 1mb is enough for most needs

Martyn

internet
One tip about the internet in Turkey, make sure your router is installed with security on as a couple of routers I have connected to remotely have not been. This means that if it is not on people can be using your internet and that could be one user or a cafe/bar.

manic23

internet
Yes forgot to say that, you can easily set you up your own security with password if you log onto the router home page. The only problem you might incur is it will all be in Turkish, as was mine.

mangrego

internet
Hi

Thanks for the reply's would it be safer to ask for dialup? and what is the connection like? do you get problems with being booted off? what price is it i only need to access the net daily i dont download that much really

regards

Mushtaq

Administrator
internet
You can go for a low usage broadband, I won't bother with dialup, advantage of broadband is that you can then use it to make free or very cheap calls back to UK.

mangrego

internet
You can go for a low usage broadband, I won't bother with dialup, advantage of broadband is that you can then use it to make free or very cheap calls back to UK.

Hi Mushtag

what sort of price is it monthly for broadband? would that be with TT?

regards

manic23

internet
Mine is with TT Net, but because it is unlimited it cost 46 lira a month but I think the packages started at about 29 lira a month

Latest Posts

Top Bottom