dalyansteve

Internet problems?
Any one else experiencing problems with uk or .com websites? or is it just yahoo again. Finding the net very slow over the last few days.
Does anyone know what is happening????

Martyn

Internet problems?
Any one else experiencing problems with uk or .com websites? or is it just yahoo again. Finding the net very slow over the last few days.
Does anyone know what is happening????

Not really, I'm having problems with my wireless but the net seems ok. Maybe there is a link down and some sites are affected. Try using Tracert in a cmd box so tracert www.msn.com(or whatever site is a problem) and maybe you will see where the delay is.

ZiaCa'

Internet problems?
No problems with yahoo, touch wood, but a wee bit slow opening some .com .co.uk sites

Martyn

Internet problems?
Tried the tracert thing and no luck. I am wondering if it is a local problem?

When you say tried it, it will give you a link to your destination by router hops therefore showing the bottleneck if there is one. You should see around 30ms for uk and maybe about 100-140ms for US based sites. This will tell you it may be on the internet or it could even be your pc itself causing the problem. What are the slow sites that are causing the problem or is it the internet generally?

Internet problems?
I am having problems sending to msn and hotmail. The mails come back as not delivered.

This is a recurring problem which happens every 1 or 2 months.After a few days it eventually sorts itself out.
This time it has been a week and counting.

dalyansteve

Internet problems?
Thanks every one for the help. I had a brainwave and phoned ttnet, he connected to my modem, sorted it out and said there was a little glitch, his words not mine, now all is running hunky dory(techy term). Don't know why I didn't do that before, well I do it is because we are not used to actualy getting sensible help.

Mushtaq

Administrator
Internet problems?
I think you need to restart the routers every so often to clear up the glitches. One thing I find that works for me is to have my own DNS settings instead of the ones allocated by your router (TTNET)

Details are here https://www.opendns.com/start/ to make changes to your PC or router.

Martyn

Internet problems?
I've used these public dns servers for years and they always seem ok

Lindacm

Internet problems?
We're having problems in Dalaman too. We have a wireless system that keeps on going off and on, has been like this for several weeks now.

We make a weekly trip to the PTT, who come and fiddle with the wires/cable and say it's okay. Few days later, same problem. When this happens we mostly have only 3 lights showing on the modem, although not always.

Could this be a modem problem...or a problem with the system? It's driving us nuts! Any ideas anyone?

Linda

Martyn

Internet problems?
We're having problems in Dalaman too. We have a wireless system that keeps on going off and on, has been like this for several weeks now.

We make a weekly trip to the PTT, who come and fiddle with the wires/cable and say it's okay. Few days later, same problem. When this happens we mostly have only 3 lights showing on the modem, although not always.

Could this be a modem problem...or a problem with the system? It's driving us nuts! Any ideas anyone?

Linda
Make sure it is the external connection and not the wireless in your property itself itself. Put in an Ethernet cable and see if the connection is ok. I recently have had a few problems with my wireless and have been working with the makers Linksys(Cisco) live on chat and it was due to some wireless settings causing it to be unstable. Mine was dropping of continually every few minutes.

Lindacm

Internet problems?
Make sure it is the external connection and not the wireless in your property itself itself. Put in an Ethernet cable and see if the connection is ok. I recently have had a few problems with my wireless and have been working with the makers Linksys(Cisco) live on chat and it was due to some wireless settings causing it to be unstable. Mine was dropping of continually every few minutes.

Hi Martyn,

What's an Ethernet cable? Where can I get one and what do I do with it!!!!

As you can see...I'm really switched on when it comes to computers:roundgrin

Linda

Martyn

Internet problems?
Hi Martyn,

What's an Ethernet cable? Where can I get one and what do I do with it!!!!

As you can see...I'm really switched on when it comes to computers:roundgrin

Linda

Just go into a computer shop and they'll sort you out. It has a RJ45 connector each end, looks like a phone connector but larger(see below)

It needs to reach the router obviously from wherever you want to operate your pc/laptop. They come in all lengths. In fact I always recommend cable over wireless, for stability and security, if you can use it.

Attachments

• rj45.jpg
    rj45.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom