IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Interesting article
If we wish to encourage tourism within the UK historical sites like this must be preserved. Long weekend in the country, a bit of history, pubs with good food. It sounds idyllic.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Interesting article
Sinking of US destroyer in WW1
Extract:

“The German submarine commander, Captain Hans Rose, showed an incredible act of kindness – he actually saw all the Jacob Jones men in the water and took two badly injured crewmen aboard his own submarine.

“He then radioed his enemies at the US base in Queenstown with their coordinates to come and rescue the survivors.”

Jacob Jones sank in eight minutes without issuing a distress call.

shash

shash
Interesting article
Largest underground city in the world.
I went into the underground dwelling caves maybe 10 years ago now. Absolutely amazing and awesome to stand there and try and get a sense of how it must have been all those years back. If you ever get a chance to do the Cappadocia trip it's well worth it. It's like you are entering a huge mass of magical land.
It's one trip I will never forget.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Interesting article
We went in 1987, and were amazed. We may go again this Sept or May next year, not with the current heat (or children!)

SLEEPY

Interesting article
I thought it was just the magic mushroom fraternity that hung around them parts !

Reactions: MJL

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Interesting article

Clean Fuel Breakthrough Turns Water Into Hydrogen at Room Temperature​

Extract:
Hydrogen fuel promises to be a clean and abundant source of energy in the future – as long as scientists can figure out ways to produce it practically and cheaply, and without fossil fuels.

A new study provides us with another promising step in that direction.

Scientists have described a relatively simple method involving aluminum nanoparticles that are able to strip the oxygen from water molecules and leave hydrogen gas.

The process yields large amounts of hydrogen, and it all works at room temperature.

That removes one of the big barriers to hydrogen fuel production: the large amounts of power required to produce it using existing methods.

Chasey

Interesting article
Hydrogen has several advantages and disadvantages but aside from the impact on the ozone layer the biggest one for me is the need to store it at a pressure of 700bar????

As a scuba diver we use 235 bar and sometimes 300 bar tanks. I have seen the result of a tank failure and its not pretty. 700 bar? that's massive

Latest Posts

Top Bottom