Turkan1

Interest rate ın Zıraat and other banks
Hey

Does anybody know about the interest of the vadeli hesap in Ziraat Bankasi? Two years ago it gave me 8 percent as far as I remembered for 10000 tl. It means that, every month it pays extra money for my main account. 65 tl for months with 30 days. It is not a yearly vadeli and the advantage is that you could withdraw any time you want without fare (ceza)
I asked yesterday they told me that they give 4.5 percent!! They mıght be wrong ıt ıs not possıble. I am sure that 2 years ago they gave me 8 percent. Now ıt should be much higher.
Also what ıs the dıfference between Şube Oranları and İnternet Şube Oranları. The second one seems that pay hıgher 10,75 percent for more than 1000 tl. I want to have the more ınterest and I could wıthdraw money wıthout payıng penalty after a month or two

Please give me information.

Turkan1

Re: Interest rate ın Zıraat and otehr banks

I cannot put a link whıch shows what I meant
İnternet Şube Mevduat Hesabı what is thıs?
2 years ago they dıd not talk about this thing and they just made a contract

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom

I think the Mevduat hesabi is a fixed time account which matures (gives interest) at the end of the time that you chose. You will be able to post links when you have made mors posts on TLF. Why not look at other banks too? Some are giving 11% or so.

Turkan1

I think the Mevduat hesabi is a fixed time account which matures (gives interest) at the end of the time that you chose. You will be able to post links when you have made mors posts on TLF. Why not look at other banks too? Some are giving 11% or so.

You know when you say 11 percent ıt ıs wrıtten ın website but when you go to bank it would be different! Zıraat also gıves 11 percent but I went to the bank and they say 4.5 percent. I thınk the man made a mistake. It ıs not possıble. They gave me 8 percent when I was ın Ankara. It should be higher now. Other banks take a lot of tıme to open an account they want everything you know everything that take a lot of time and money!

Turkan1

actually the percent ıs not my questıon sir
my questiıon ıs about a concept I cannot understand
ınternet mevduat hesabı and mevduat hesabı and vadelı hesab ı want the exact dıfference!
2 years ago they dıd not say anythıng and just apply the maxımum percent that tıme ın zıraat whıch was percent for 10000 tl.
Now I check and see that the maxımum ıs belong to ınternet mevduat hesabı

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom

It is quite common to be offered more interest on an internet or (-e account) as the banks are trying to get people to use internet banking rather than to go into the bank (so that they can employ fewer staff)> they have been so successful at this in the UK that now they are closing down small branches and laying off staff.

Turkan1

It is quite common to be offered more interest on an internet or (-e account) as the banks are trying to get people to use internet banking rather than to go into the bank (so that they can employ fewer staff)> they have been so successful at this in the UK that now they are closing down small branches and laying off staff.

So I just go to the bank and say I want the maxımum faız mevduat hesab? If they tell me for example 4.5 percent as they dıd then I wıll show the thıngs I found from theır websıte!

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side

I am getting 13% interest on my monthly TL deposit account at Yapi Kredi bank in Side now... 12 years ago I was getting a massive 29% interest in that same account from the same bank ... Angela x

Saoirse

Jesus those interest rates are one thing Turkey has above Spain or anywhere else!!!

Lucky sods!!!

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom

Jesus those interest rates are one thing Turkey has above Spain or anywhere else!!!

Lucky sods!!!

As always the interest rates are just above the rate of inflation, so nothing really gained.

Saoirse

Well you say that but in practice is absolutely everything increased by the inflation rate?

Turkan1

As always the interest rates are just above the rate of inflation, so nothing really gained.
You mean below the inflation rate! right?
So you advice me to keep my dollars and do not change to LIR? I wanted to change half of it and put it in mevduat hesab!

Turkan1

I am getting 13% interest on my monthly TL deposit account at Yapi Kredi bank in Side now... 12 years ago I was getting a massive 29% interest in that same account from the same bank ... Angela x

Hi
For how much money they pay that interest rate? What is the exact name of that account in Turkish language?
You could withdraw without penalty after a month or the money should be there for a year?
Also, what should I ask when I go to the bank? I want to have the maximum rate (the bank is not important since many of the banks such as yapi kredi make things complicated for the foreigners while opening an account)
Ziraat takes it easy however the told me they give 4.5 percent which I am sure the man was wrong.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom

Generally you can choose the investment period ( when I did this the best rate for a short period was 32 days), after this is finished you can take out what you want without penalty and re-invest the rest.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom

Well you say that but in practice is absolutely everything increased by the inflation rate?

Yes really, electricity up, car taxes up, all fines increased, alcohol tax up, 19L water up 1 TL on 6TL, Happy New Year from AKP.

enoch

Hi
For how much money they pay that interest rate? What is the exact name of that account in Turkish language?
You could withdraw without penalty after a month or the money should be there for a year?
Also, what should I ask when I go to the bank? I want to have the maximum rate (the bank is not important since many of the banks such as yapi kredi make things complicated for the foreigners while opening an account)
Ziraat takes it easy however the told me they give 4.5 percent which I am sure the man was wrong.

Maybe that's why they are only offering 4.5%, they make it easy.

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side

Enoch ... Why do you say that it is difficult to open a bank account with Yapi Kredi bank? I found it very easy indeed and that's without speaking Turkish and nobody at the bank at the time spoke English either. ? Angela ?

enoch

Enoch ... Why do you say that it is difficult to open a bank account with Yapi Kredi bank? I found it very easy indeed and that's without speaking Turkish and nobody at the bank at the time spoke English either. ? Angela ?

Were did i say that? I'm taking the p1ss.

Turkan1

I said that
for a foreigner they want everything
Fatura - ikamet karti - ev kontrakt (belediye onay vermesi lazim!!) ve ...

Turkan1

Maybe that's why they are only offering 4.5%, they make it easy.
The man said me 4.5 percent but he made a mistake! 2 years ago I got 8 percent and after 32 days I could withdraw without penalty. Even though, I did not do that. Now they change the name maybe! Internet shube orani mevduat hesabi 10.75 percent. I should ask that
Also, akbank has a serbest hesab 13 percent I should ask that too!
You know here for a foreigner you should ask everything! They write something in their website sometimes they do not know themselves about it!
For instance, internet shube orani and shube orani mevduat hesabi (vadel) the first one 10.75 and the second one 4.5 percent yearly!! (Yoy could withdraw without penalty after 30 days)
If I could put a link you could see the different interest rate
I just wanted to make half of my dollars to lir and half remain and put to vadeli hesab

Angela if you go to bank just ask could an iranian open an account in yapikredi and is it easy or not! They answer you very well!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom