sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Interactive Turkish
oh yes, that is a very nice one, with the spoken conversations, and not that simple for a beginners' lesson....

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
Interactive Turkish
Thanks for both of those links, I have saved them to my favourites. I have promised myself (again) to improve my Turkish this winter!

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
Interactive Turkish
Shirlely, I could so do with you nearby to bully me into learning Turkish! But you have spurred me on to go and join a course today, will let you know how it goes :), and of course I will start to use the online ones too!.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Interactive Turkish
I like the BYKI but it is annoying that you get a question right and because you've missed a full stop or forgotten to use a capital letter at the start of a sentence it marks your answer as wrong, I have enough to think about just doing the translation. lol

hijo

in my own clique
Interactive Turkish
..also Before You Know It..(B.Y.K.I EXPRESS)....tried the first byki a few years ago ..this one is far more practical..:couch2:

pipermam

Interactive Turkish
Hi everyone.
I also use Language Learning with Livemocha | Learn a Language Online - Free!There are very basic lessons but the beauty of it for me is that you can do exercises and native speakers will correct them for you, very helpful with pronunciation. Also you can find language partners to chat with, you can help them with english and they will help with your turkish. This is of great benefit to those of us who don't live in Turkey! Class once a week is very little for practise.

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Interactive Turkish
Hi Piperman,
Do you really use this ? I often did have a look at it, but I never used it, can you tell me more about it

tomc1984

Interactive Turkish
I like the BYKI but it is annoying that you get a question right and because you've missed a full stop or forgotten to use a capital letter at the start of a sentence it marks your answer as wrong, I have enough to think about just doing the translation. lol

Agree, but you just tell it that your alternative answer is correct and it accepts it in the future.

pipermam

Interactive Turkish
Hi Nadine,
Yes I saw a post about it here during the summer. There is no cost involved.
The lessons start with the very basic vocabulary. They come in 4 parts. First you listen. Next is a listening and reading review, test in other words:)), of the vocabulary.
Then there is a written exercise which you submit and other members will correct it. The fourth part requires a microphone because you must read a short passage and again submit it for correction.

Also then you can chat online with other people who want to learn languages. You can do this on Livemocha or exchange MSN or skype addresses.
There will always be a few who are looking for a relationship but most want to learn languages. You choose who you talk too.
As there is no cost involved I suggest giving it a go. It suits people of all standards. My vocabulary is increasing rapidly. It is a good back up for my classes. 2 hours a week is not enough to learn a language. Daily practise really helps.

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Interactive Turkish
Piperman,
You are right there, 2 hours a week is too little
are you following Turkish lessons in Ireland ? I'm having Turkish lessons in Belgium, once a week about 2 and a half hours...
Thanks for the explanation, I really should do this, it sound OK

pipermam

Interactive Turkish
Hi Nadine,
Yes I go to turkish lessons in Ireland................must be crazy because I drive 110 km each way every Thursday evening after work but only for 24 weeks a year. The teacher is sent by the turkish government I think and is attached to Trinity College in Dublin. But it's finally beginning to pay off. One turkish friend said that last year I had words but this year I have sentences.
Chatting each day on MSN has been a real help to me. It has increased my fluency but maybe not my accuracy:))

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Interactive Turkish
Hi Piperman,
I admire you, driving 110 km each way just to have Turkish lessons, I think they must be very good indeed to do that
Increasing your fluency but not your accuracy ? Lol, I know what you mean

I have joined Livemocha, I'm called sparrow (to keep it simple), and yesterday I already did some lessons and corrected some English homeworks at well
I mostly enjoy writing stuff and somebody correcting it, because the lessons for beginners are a bit to easy for my doing

See you then, what is your name on Livemocha ?

pipermam

Interactive Turkish
Hi Nadine,
My username is pipermam same as here, I have to keep it simple............I seem to be intellectually challenged these days!!

Interactive Turkish
Thanks, Shirley, for giving a link to my site. Now it's completely free and welcomes all who are interested in learning Turkish in an innovative way. I want you to talk to me...

Reactions: GnD

GnD

Interactive Turkish
Great site Serdar!!

I have been whinging that I cannot progress all the time I cannot get my ear in!

Reading I can whip through your exercises BUT VERY slow if just listening. Many many thanks for the opportunity to listen!! :p

In fact just came back on here to find Shirley's link agian, to save on my desktop.

Nadine What is livemocha?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom