gren

Intasure NOT recommended !
I am posting this to warn others about Intasure.

Having found winter water damage at my property in April due to unprecedented rainfall and storms, I phoned Intasure and told them.
I then proceeded in that week to get my own estimates of damage and cost to repair..

I phoned them again and they said they would send an inspector.
EVENTUALLY he arrived - just before I left Turkey and said there was indeed much water damage and he would submit his report.

Upon my return from Turkey, I telephoned Intasure again and asked what was going on. They said they were waiting for his report.
After a few weeks with no communication from them I phoned them again to enquire as to the claim progress as I wanted to get the damage repaired when I went to Turkey in June.

When I visited in June, I phoned them AGAIN asking what was going on because I was there to get damage repaired.
They insisted on sending ANOTHER inspector to my property - despite the last one submitting his report proving water damage. This one also told me there was extensive water damage and then promised I would hear from Intasure within 1 week.

It is now almost July and I am now very angry at Intasure's inaction.

Today I phoned them and they passed me to 'Merlin' who apparently are their "new" claims handlers.
The man at Merlin told me they did not have my details..

What would you make of this?
Is this a company you would want to use to insure your prized property with?

Saoirse

As with all insurance companies you only find out how good they are when you have to make a claim.

By the sound of your experience I will not use these useless sods.

gren

At the moment I am waiting to hear back from these 'Merlin' claims handlers.
We shall see - i'm not feeling optimistic...WATCH THIS SPACE!

Why do I have to go thru hell with people I entrust to my insurance when I am going thru hell with the damage already?

jcrian

From previous posts Intasure customers have had no problem settling their claims.

Mushroom

Past performance is not an indicator or guarantee of future performance - a bit like stocks and shares and Jenson Button !

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
To be fair, this is pretty much like the buying experience we all had in Turkey - some had good experiences, and some had bad.

Doesn't help Gren of course who's unfortunately getting the runaround, but it sounds like administrative ****-ups rather than anything else - as long as they pay for the damage in the end I suppose is the main thing.

C

Dellol

From previous posts Intasure customers have had no problem settling their claims.

Hi Ian, Unfortunately, my memory of what I have read hear has served negatively when it comes to Intasure and so I did a search. It seems the last couple of posts about them were similiar, not paying out for claims...

gren

I agree Dellol.
They simply seem to be doing as much as they can NOT to honour genuine claims...

Guz1

Bad form on Intasure's part. When our house was storm damaged the Turkish insurance company's loss adjustor arrived promptly to assess the damage, we chose someone to see to the repairs and simply submitted the receipts. Although we were a long time awaiting payment, the delay was down to the incompetence of the property management company rather than the insurance company.

I hope, Gren, that yours is sorted soon.

biffo

We use Intasure and had some damage over last winter. We went out in May, came back and submitted a claim, which was paid promptly without any hassle at all.

I hope you get sorted soon.

Kevin & Gill

Last edited:

spears

I have to disagree with this we had similar problems caused by the inclement weather earlier in the year.We filled in claim form accompanied with photographs of the damage via the internet.Our claim for repairs was accepted and a date was made for builder to start work.As we would not be there at the proposed date for the repairs to be done,another date has been arranged with Intasure and the builder to come in when we are next there

Last edited:

HOMELET

I am posting this to warn others about Intasure.

Having found winter water damage at my property in April due to unprecedented rainfall and storms, I phoned Intasure and told them.
I then proceeded in that week to get my own estimates of damage and cost to repair..

I phoned them again and they said they would send an inspector.
EVENTUALLY he arrived - just before I left Turkey and said there was indeed much water damage and he would submit his report.

Upon my return from Turkey, I telephoned Intasure again and asked what was going on. They said they were waiting for his report.
After a few weeks with no communication from them I phoned them again to enquire as to the claim progress as I wanted to get the damage repaired when I went to Turkey in June.

When I visited in June, I phoned them AGAIN asking what was going on because I was there to get damage repaired.
They insisted on sending ANOTHER inspector to my property - despite the last one submitting his report proving water damage. This one also told me there was extensive water damage and then promised I would hear from Intasure within 1 week.

It is now almost July and I am now very angry at Intasure's inaction.

Today I phoned them and they passed me to 'Merlin' who apparently are their "new" claims handlers.
The man at Merlin told me they did not have my details..

What would you make of this?
Is this a company you would want to use to insure your prized property with?

Dear Mr. Gren,

Your claim aplication is under the process. In short term Intasure london will back you with a proper response. In case of any delay please make contact with Intasure -Turkish team as you have the conttact details.

Kind regards,

INTASURE-TURKEY

Last edited:

akbukcyd

Intasure have now paid me out for the damage to my garage/car port back in April. The delay has been because of Intasures contractor not wanting to do the job now although they have not given me any reason. I submitted three quotes back in April but Intasure wanted to use their own contractors because they were cheaper. I had no problems with this but they never started the work. Now Merlin, who were very helpful in handling my claim, said I could use one of my own contractors and payment was received within one week of that conversation.

No complaints at all now!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom