Wolverene

Intasure and Passport details
Hi all, just wondering if any other members use Intasure to cover their property, and if so have they had a request for their passport number to be sent to Intasure. We received a letter about 10 days ago and they say they have to have this info as the Turkish Govt. want details of anyone who insures a property they own. As of yet we don`t have our Tapu so technically we dont own our villa yet (usual delays with builder etc) but as far as Intasure are concerned they want to submit our details anyway and were not prepared to discuss/advise us what to do in this case.
Anybody else in the same boat?
Regards
Keith

carolmon

Hi
I just renewed my insurance and dasc today and had to provide my passport and tax number, this is the first year I've been asked for this so maybe the Turkish government is tighterning up their regulations in preparation for EU membership??
This year I also needed my passport even to lodge money in my account.
Carol

Martyn

I wasn't asked for it with the buildings and contents but was with the Dask insurance.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I think you have to stop thinking that it's anything sinister and accept that for, what used to be "everyday" transactions, Turks are now required to produce their ID cards for scrutiny and / or copying.

We, as Yabanci's, should carry our passports or copies of them at all times and should be prepared to produce them if asked in a reasonable manner.

Yes, it's very Big Brother, but it's hard enough to fight it in the UK let alone here where we're a very small minority.

Nickees

Yes we were asked for this information. Couldn't see a problem with providing it.

We are with Intasure and were told it was a Turkish requirement so they could sort our Dask cover with their Turkish agents.

Wolverene

Thanks for all the replies, as KKOB says, nothing sinister then. So used to having to put my hand in my pocket my immediate reaction was " now what are they going to charge for".
Supposedly our Dask is being paid by the developer until the Tapu turns up.
Regards
Keith

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Yes, same for us. I would check out about the DASK, I wouldn't have thought that the developer will pay for it.

Peregrine

wow, so many gullible sheep.

I would prefer to find out exactly whats going ratherr than some wooly "its for the DASK" as Intasure arent providing my DASK

more later

I just received a phonecall from Intrasure looking for my passport number. When I asked why, the reply was 'I don't know, the Turkish Government want it. Will I tell them you won't give it'. hmmm!
I don't have Dask yet so it couldn't be for that. Should I just give it? Nope, too paranoid to do that.
I am one of those who? what? where? when? why? people and likes to be well informed for my own understanding of things. So if anyone has found out why, I would be grateful if you could share. Thanks

Martyn

I had to give a copy of our passports when getting the Dask from Intasure.

ive got my dask through my bank they have never mentioned my passport but then again they have a photo copy on file. i dont see the problem with giving them it?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom