thingthong

inta sure
have any other members had problems with claims NOT being paid out ,after the winter storms
it seems inta sure are not paying out.:77wu::dizzy:

sheffmark

inta sure
Ill give you a fact. We fought for three months to get paid out by Intasure and even then had to settle for just over half of the actual cost of the work. Intasure asked us to get quotes which we did and sent them in. They then said that they were no storms in our area at that time. I had to get a Met report from the local met office to counter there claim. When we eventually sent in the invoice for the repairs we were told that we should have used there repair team which surprise surprise was just over half of the cost of our actual repair. at no time did Intasure inform us that they could prvide a repairer. Which leads me to question how genuine there price was. Would I insure with them again? not in a million years !!!! rant over . Thankyou

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
inta sure
Well, your post seems to answer post #1.

Intasure ARE paying out, but not as much as claimants are expecting.

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
inta sure
Ill give you a fact. We fought for three months to get paid out by Intasure and even then had to settle for just over half of the actual cost of the work. Intasure asked us to get quotes which we did and sent them in. They then said that they were no storms in our area at that time. I had to get a Met report from the local met office to counter there claim. When we eventually sent in the invoice for the repairs we were told that we should have used there repair team which surprise surprise was just over half of the cost of our actual repair. at no time did Intasure inform us that they could prvide a repairer. Which leads me to question how genuine there price was. Would I insure with them again? not in a million years !!!! rant over . Thankyou

I have contacted Intasure, and their reply is

"Thank you for your email and for pointing out the negative comments you have read on a forum I believe. While we pride ourselves on our claims service we cannot please everyone all of the time. I cannot discuss this case with you but I'm sure there would be some explanation. On the plus side we also get a lot of positive feedback about our claims service which is available on various forums and also on Holiday Home Insurance & Second Home Insurance from Intasure Insurance in our testimonial section. Our claims procedure is outlined in our policy wording. Initially all claims are dealt with in our claims department in Croyden. We are the only UK company which organises workmen on your behalf in the event of a claim. We have our own office in Turkey and a network of approved workmen. Assuring you on our best attention at all times. With kind regards Theodora Murray"

Whilst I am not taking sides, have you complied with the terms of the contract?

I do realise that they are sometimes written in gobblydegook, however, did you get written confirmation from them to go ahead with the repairs.

Yes, I do realise that if the roof has fallen down, or whatever, then time is of the essence, so verbal confirmation, followed by a letter from them should be obtained prior to carrying out repairs.

If you want to PM me with additional details, I will contact them again for you.

If it's any consolation, be it on a completely different scale, I just had my PC repaired under insurance, but I had not taken sufficient cover for my hard disk, so I had to pay for the restoration of my new hard disk.

I have also had reasons to call on other insurers recently and had nothing but excellent service.

Always ensure you RTFM (read the flaming manual(or policy)) prior to making a claim.

Best of luck with future claims, hoping you never need to.

Tommie

sheffmark

inta sure
Oh come off it Tommie:dizzy:, we were instructed over the telephone from the claims dept, in Croyden, to get quotes for the damage and photos to back our claim, which we did. Do you not think at this point Intasure could have told us about or offered us the use of, there own repairers? Well they didnt. Do you also think that they can justify the weeks of delay that they caused by saying there was no storm? when clearly there was and I provided proof of this. We were forced to go ahead with our own repairer to avoid further damage because Intasure dragged there heals on our claim.
I know that there is good and bad feedback in all cases concerning insurance claims. I am simply posting my experiences with this company.

Thankyou for your kind offer of contacting them, again, but this wont be neccessary as they have lost my custom due to the bad service which I recieved.:closed_2:

akbukcyd

inta sure
I have had a problem with Intasure as well. I had storm damage and my car port blew down, at least part of it did. I phoned them back in April and they told me to get quotes. I said ok and sent in 3 different quotes. I later got a call saying they were using their own builders through their agent although no-one had even been around!!! They were supposed to start last Monday and I am still waiting. I will call them tomorrow to see what is up! They did tell me they would have to check on the weather at time of damage which I assume they have done.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
inta sure
I do not insure with Intasure and I am sure that there probably as many good stories about them as there are bad.

However there seems to be a theme about the way Intasure works which I don't comprehend. Why do they ask for quotes to be got and sent in when they have their own builders etc. as it is plain they will always choose these over any other.

Is it just a delaying tactic.......................?

gren

inta sure
I am STILL waiting since April.
Intasure are still draggıng their feet at honourıng their commitments to genuine ınsurance cover.

akbukcyd

inta sure
My claim with Intersure also goes back to April. As I previously said, contractors from Intersure were due to start work last Monday, my claim having been approved. I have heard nothing still. I telephoned Intersure yesterday and was told that they would look into it and ring me back. They didnt call me back but later in the evening I got a call from a company called Merlin who said they had taken over Intersures claims and would look into it and call me back. I said what did they have to look into, the claim had been approved and contractors instructed and I was waiting for them to start. They still said they would have to call me back which they didnt, surprise surprise!!!! Today, I tried to call Intersure, answerphone and then referring me to a company called Merlin with a phone number. I rang that number and again surprise surprise, Merlin do not operate over weekends!!!!! I then called Intersure again, their emergency number, which just rang and rang and then their admin number, spoke to a girl who said someone would call me back on Monday. Intersure are now closed over weekends too!

Does anyone know what is happening with Intersure or have heard of Merlin?? I am very worried now about what is going to happen.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom