Insuring your guests
For those of you who rent out your properties, is it considered necessary for the owner to insure the people who rent the property from you? They will have their own holiday insurance arrangements in place.

Smiler

Insuring your guests
For my own peace of mind I made sure that my Buildings and Contents insurance included guest liability insurance, however, I always recommend that all guests purchase travel insurance.

I don't believe that Turkish insurance companies offer adequate liability insurance, (£1million), I purchased mine through Hiscox, (cheapest for me) but I believe Intasure also offer this.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Insuring your guests
You have to remember that if the rental is arranged and paid for in UK it may be a UK claim you are defending, not Turkish.

Ian

tjd

Insuring your guests
Read the small print with Intasure, a couple of years I checked and it appeared they only covered guests on communal areas if a percentage of owners had their insurances with Intasure.

I'm sure the guy from Intasure will be around soon to advise us.

Insuring your guests
Thankfully, I am not defending any claim as yet. Just want to do the right thing for my guests and for myself, but thanks anyway.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom